Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETS Maynooth

Options
  • 03-03-2014 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Has anyone sent their kids to maynooth educate together school? I have got a place for one of my kids this year but still await the place for the second. They are currently enrolled in both the national schools also and we have guaranteed places there.
    Any feedback on the school / teachers / how the kids get on with it?

Many thanks

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

My kids are there. The school is fine - some of the teachers are excellent - just like in any school really. What I do like about it is the religion curriculum where all religions are taught equally rather than instruction in just one. The majority of kids are Irish but I believe there are over 20 nationalities in the school now which is great for kids to learn about different cultures.

It's still a developing school in a lot of ways as it's only 6 years old so doesn't have some of the resources more established schools have. The extra curricular activities are growing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

HI Orion,

Thanks for coming back to me. Sounds great. Were not religious and If we had a choice wouldn't state any one specific religion is correct for the kids. Hence the choice of ets. Is it a proper building? I do remember it was in prefabs a while ago. Do they have good facilities in the grounds?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,847 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The buildings are semi-permanent prefabricated units still. Not the same as being in portakabin prefabs which is what is usually expected when the word gets used.

MYOB wrote: »
    The buildings are semi-permanent prefabricated units still. Not the same as being in portakabin prefabs which is what is usually expected when the word gets used.

I attended secondary n Confey college in Leixlip and for years had to bear the prefab's (portakabin variety). They were horrible things, Freezing in winter and roasting in summer. I wouldn't wish them on anyone. I must check out if the school has an open day or a way of us visiting with the kiddies, Presuming they both get a place. I would really love for them both to go together.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

They technically are prefabs but not as you'd imagine. It's a two story building with all the trimmings. To be honest it's better than some other school buildings which are described as permanent. As MYOB said they are prefabricated units but that does not mean that they are cold, wet places. It has full central heating, power and wired network in each room - it is warm - even in winter.

There usually is an open day - I'll try and find out when it is - it should be coming up soon.

• Advertisement

Orion wrote: »
    They technically are prefabs but not as you'd imagine. It's a two story building with all the trimmings. To be honest it's better than some other school buildings which are described as permanent. As MYOB said they are prefabricated units but that does not mean that they are cold, wet places. It has full central heating, power and wired network in each room - it is warm - even in winter.

There usually is an open day - I'll try and find out when it is - it should be coming up soon.

Cheers Orion, I'd appreciate that.

Advertisement