Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upcycling/shabby chic

Options
  • 03-03-2014 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭

I am trying to help someone who has an idea in this area, I have seen a number of posters on here who are active in this area. The idea is to offer an source/store/warehouse outlet for furniture items that can be supplied and delivered either "as is" or stripped using cryogenic process rahter than chemicals or abrasive blast systems.

Is there a market?
    Would you be interested in co-promotion for your paint supplis/classes etc?
    Am I being naive? All feedback welcome.

Thanks

Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There is definitely a market for it we supply paints for creating that shabby chic look and after doing the pieces they already own people are often after more things to do. I think the problem is going to be price most people who are looking for more pieces for themselves or to sell on are getting them in second hand shops and markets where they are going for next to nothing so I doubt there would be much margin in it for them. We recently bought a large unit about 10ft wide and 6ft tall that we painted up to use in the shop our landlord has had a furniture shop for 25+ years and he used to sell the unit for £800 when it was new and we picked it up for €99+delivery! If its not in Dublin and they are able to get something up and running I can definitely help out with getting someone who will be interested in co-promotion.

I would also suggest focusing on smaller pieces we get a lot of people who are looking for kitchen chairs, stall, side tables that they are able to paint quickly on a Sunday afternoon. There are a very small number of people who do pieces professionally but I think that market is too small here to make that the target of our paint customers I would say <1% are doing pieces to sell on and the majority of what they do is commissions. If they are in Dublin there is a market coming up in a couple of weeks where a lot of their target market will be and would help give them an idea of what people are doing and what people are buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

jimmi, PM sent!

Advertisement