Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2014

Options
  • 03-03-2014 12:22pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭

According to WLR breakfast crew, headline acts are to be announced tomorrow morning, anyone hear any names of acts floating around yet?
    #Daytripper 2014 line up announced on air after 8am tomorrow morning @wlrfmwaterford #Waterford #Music

http://twitter.com/timmyandkaren/status/440437250783199232

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Have not heard anything about acts but I think it is very encouraging that this is coming back again this year.

Lets hope some decent acts are announced and that people come out to support it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

No clue! They've kept it quiet this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Pixies are in Cork on the Monday. Kings of Leon (unlikely as it may be) I think are on that week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

If they some how managed to pull the Pixies, I would die, just die.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

say it will be all irish acts. Saw Doctors, Sharon Shannon and the likes

Would love to see the Specials or Bryan Adams (it will save me a trip to cork)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭reni10

Pixies would really be a great act to get, think it is a long shout though but you never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If they some how managed to pull the Pixies, I would die, just die.

Your life is safe for now anyway.

Pixies are playing Marquee in Cork and then supporting Arcade Fire in Marley Park, both of which aren't sold out yet.

Put it this way, if they were added you could probably have them play in the Theatre Royal there'd be that little interest from outside Waterford... and even in Waterford I'd say a lot of people would go to see the Jam Tarts cover Pixie songs instead of the Pixies themselves!

Looking forward to the announcement though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Last year was great, looking forward to hearing who is playing this year :-)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PR emails going around with headline acts but are embargoed till tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Aquos76 wrote: »
    PR emails going around with headline acts but are embargoed till tomorrow morning.
    Frothing at the gash here waiting to hear

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Frothing at the gash here waiting to hear

Strongly rumoured that it's Michael Buble as part of his 'intimate' tour he is doing. Should be good!

Sully wrote: »
    Strongly rumoured that it's Michael Buble as part of his 'intimate' tour he is doing. Should be good!

Are you a closet fan of his Sully :-)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Are you a closet fan of his Sully :-)

Hey now don't dis the Buble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

can you open at 12.01;)

can you open at 12.01;)

Ha ha, sure 8am isn't to far away. It will be common knowledge then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Kaiser Chiefs, David Gray and Paloma Faith.

Announcement is official now

Liz Reddy's Twitter

@LilyReddy: Kaiser Chiefs, David Gray and Paloma Faith to headline Day Tripper Festival in #Waterford July 4th - 6th”

Very good. They're sharing the acts with the groove festival in Bray (apart from Kaiser Chiefs by the looks of it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

They're no fools. The support on Sunday will be a bigger draw than the main Id say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 chicki

What date is Kings of Leon & Kodaline in Marly park, does it clash with the Friday of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Baby4 wrote: »
    Three great acts in my opinion. I don't know if Paloma Faith will sell out though...
    It'll all depend on who will be supporting her.

Paloma Faith is the best thing on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Great line up, hope it gets supported

Tickets are considerably cheaper than the same shows in bray. 49 quid in bray and 37.50 in Waterford. Anyone who dates criticise them this year will be eligible for a slap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Very good line up. Looking forward to seeing Kaiser Chiefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Kaiser Chiefs would not mind seeing them myself for there older stuff

But €37.50 is a rip off for them at this stage as they have not even had a had a hit CD in years and or had a single that charted. Unless the support is good i wont be going.

If it was €25 euros i think it would be more fair for the kind of acts they are as being honest if they where playing in Dublin any of the acts you would not pay for then €25 euros to go see them.

I even have the felling that the Kaiser Chiefs will have a bad turn out as really what young people know them these days expect for Ricky on The Voice UK ?

But still would love to see them brings me back to being 14 years old again LoL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Kaiser Chiefs would not mind seeing them myself for there older stuff

But €37.50 is a rip off for them at this stage as they have not even had a had a hit CD in years and or had a single that charted. Unless the support is good i wont be going.

If it was €25 euros i think it would be more fair for the kind of acts they are as being honest if they where playing in Dublin any of the acts you would not pay for then €25 euros to go see them.

I even have the felling that the Kaiser Chiefs will have a bad turn out as really what young people know them these days expect for Ricky on The Voice UK ?

But still would love to see them brings me back to being 14 years old again LoL
    You do realise that it's a full day of music, and not just a doors open at 8, everyone out by 11 job?

It's absolutely spectacular value. The going rate for any kind of band in Dublin is €25 and that's usually with fairly tame support.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I forgot about Kodaline in Marlay park. I'm Surprised they aren't involved.

I'd actually like the Friday night and I'm ashamed to say I quite like some of David Grays stuff.

I don't mean this in a smart ass way but I honestly haven't heard of paloma faith.

All in all it's a good line up and in my opinion an improvement on last year. Fair play to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

AdMMM wrote: »
    You do realise that it's a full day of music, and not just a doors open at 8, everyone out by 11 job?

It's absolutely spectacular value. The going rate for any kind of band in Dublin is €25 and that's usually with fairly tame support.

Like last year a few of the bands who supported the corranas where bands I could see for free any night in Waterford. Also at lest in dublin it's Dublin not waterford so there is somewhere good to go after.

I think it's over priced for what it is as I had to leave the place to get food last year.

• Advertisement

Wait until you see the full line up before you get your knives out.

Advertisement