Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chicki

ziedth wrote: »
    I forgot about Kodaline in Marlay park. I'm Surprised they aren't involved.

I'd actually like the Friday night and I'm ashamed to say I quite like some of David Grays stuff.

I don't mean this in a smart ass way but I honestly haven't heard of paloma faith.

All in all it's a good line up and in my opinion an improvement on last year. Fair play to them.

Do we know who's playing what nights?

I agree it's a very good line up fair play to Mr. O' Neill & co. on pulling them in, I really hope the people of Waterford support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think it's David Gray the Saturday and Paloma faith the Sunday but I only heard that in Work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Like last year a few of the bands who supported the corranas where bands I could see for free any night in Waterford. Also at lest in dublin it's Dublin not waterford so there is somewhere good to go after.

I think it's over priced for what it is as I had to leave the place to get food last year.
    I assume you mean the bands at the Waterford Credit Union stage? That was the entire idea behind that stage... to try and get exposure for some of Waterford's own talent. A great idea imo.

Out of the rest of the bands that supported The Coronas, you had Gavin James who was recently voted best newcomer at the Entertainment.ie awards... he's immensely talented and can see him going places, and you can see him for €17.50 in the INEC next month if you'd like. You also had Keywest who are playing in Dublin later this month where tickets will set you back €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think it's David Gray the Saturday and Paloma faith the Sunday but I only heard that in Work.
    Yup, the site is already updated to show that :)

http://daytripper.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I forgot about Kodaline in Marlay park. I'm Surprised they aren't involved.

I'd actually like the Friday night and I'm ashamed to say I quite like some of David Grays stuff.

I don't mean this in a smart ass way but I honestly haven't heard of paloma faith.

All in all it's a good line up and in my opinion an improvement on last year. Fair play to them.

Why would you be ashamed to like some of David Grays stuff? He's a brilliant singer/songwriter. He's the only one I'd pay to see of all the main acts, but I can appreciate that all in all it's a great line-up they've got, Paloma Faith is on a roll at the mo, will probably be even bigger by the time Daytripper rolls around.

Support acts will make it even better now, could see Kodaline being added Sat or Sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Kaiser Chiefs would not mind seeing them myself for there older stuff

But €37.50 is a rip off for them at this stage as they have not even had a had a hit CD in years and or had a single that charted. Unless the support is good i wont be going.

If it was €25 euros i think it would be more fair for the kind of acts they are as being honest if they where playing in Dublin any of the acts you would not pay for then €25 euros to go see them.

I even have the felling that the Kaiser Chiefs will have a bad turn out as really what young people know them these days expect for Ricky on The Voice UK ?

But still would love to see them brings me back to being 14 years old again LoL

Oh here we go again. Line-up has only been announced for 4 hours, and the vultures are in to nit pick at the prices.

Kaiser Chiefs are playing in Northampton for £37.50 in July. That won't be an all day festival with 5-6 bands supporting them.

If you want to see David Gray in Westport - it's 76euro, along with other unnamed back-up acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I will deff go to the kaiser chiefs hopefully it's a greatest hits set. David Gray would not interest me and I never heard of the Sunday act

Price is not bad considering it's an all day thing. Hopefully kaiser chiefs don't sell out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Is there a website? I did a quick Google and only found stuff about last year's festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

The absence of a Death Metal headliner is appalling \m/ :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

I heard Linda Martin is one of the main acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Finnbar01 wrote: »

No, she is one of the drag acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Finnbar01 wrote: »

hehehe see you there mate

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

Great line up, fair play to the organizers. Also really good to see that they listened to the feedback from last year and have introduced a weekend ticket. So it's €37.50 per day or €90 for the three days.

Looking forward to being there for the weekend!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They're no fools. The support on Sunday will be a bigger draw than the main Id say
    Wait until you see the full line up before you get your knives out.

who are the support acts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Haven't a clue! But I have decent expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

That's a super lineup. Kaiser Chiefs for me, it's great to have something like this on your doorstep, fair play to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Does anybody know if some of the support acts will be announced before tickets go on sale Friday?

Doubt it. But it's not as if there will be a big rush for tickets Friday anyway. People know they'll have time with any event that takes place in Waterford.

Hopefully it will eventually be sold out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Great Lineup, Credit to all involved.

Looking forward to travelling home for the weekend for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Tickets on sale already since 9 this morning, got ours woohoo :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Really happy this is going ahead again. Personally there's nothing to interest me but just came upon a listing for Paloma Faith and her upcoming gig at the legendary Roundhouse in London. By the time she reaches Waterford she should be flying and a real draw for anyone interested in her style of music. I won't be there but will share it around on FB and invite friends to stay who are attending. Tiny bit of support but it all helps making it affordable for visitors.

http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/2014/paloma-faith/?utm_source=mail2&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Roundhouse%20Mailing%20List%2006%2F03%2F14%20

As an off-topic aside.... Waterford will be hosting one of the world's most influential and legendary Death Metal bands on the 28 March in the Forum. Vader. Brilliant to see a young promoter working hard to bring class acts to Waterford. People will be flying in to attend this one. Info

As an off-off-topic aside.... :)Sonic Arts Waterford are already well on the way to finalising international acts for SAW Fest 2014 due to take place in September.

Lots of folks really working hard to bring live music to Waterford so share their stuff on FB and spread the word even if it's not your cup of tea. Being negative about these things really only keeps you awake and promotes ageing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

another international act to be announced in the morning.

An act which has sold over 1 million albums and have a new album on the way for the summer

any guesses who it will be ??

Your man and your wan from beautiful south. (Paul Heaton and jacqui abbot)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

By all accounts another act is been announced on Friday morning, anyone have any ideas of who he/she/ they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

James, Cathy Davey and King Kong Company.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

James

As in "oh sit down, siddown next to meee..."?

Cathy Davey

Yaay, the lovely and talented Cathy. That's me decided! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

James on a bit of a roll recently. They came second in a poll by BBC radio to vote for best Manchester anthem. Beat out the likes of Oasis, Stone Roses and Happy Mondays.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/best-manchester-anthem-revealed-ahead-6700705
    James, Cathy Davey and King Kong Company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Baby4 wrote: »

Each to there own but off the top of my head Sit Down, Come Home, Destiny Calling and She's a star were all great tracks by James. Definitely not one hit wonders and an under rated band.

I for one am looking forward this

and this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Baby4 wrote: »

They are as far as I know😄 they are playing in Bray on the Saturday night as are the other two acts been announced tomorrow.

Advertisement