Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2014

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Some insult calling James one hit wonders. They played slane in 1999 and were better than the verve who headlined the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Aquos76 wrote: »
    They are as far as I know😄 they are playing in Bray on the Saturday night as are the other two acts been announced tomorrow.

They're on the Daytripper site as supporting Paloma Faith on the Sunday.

Bought tickets for the Friday and Saturday gigs this week. Looking forward to it. Would have liked to see James supporting Kaiser Chiefs as I'm not really a fan of Paloma Faith but would have liked to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

See Kaiser Cheifs having a warm up gig for Daytripper as headliners on Glastonbury main stage tonight live on BBC3 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

thomasm wrote: »
    See Kaiser Cheifs having a warm up gig for Daytripper as headliners on Glastonbury main stage tonight live on BBC3 :)

Just watching it now and they are in for some shock going from Glastonbury to lombard street car park :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

*bump*

Looking forward to another weekend of great live music. Fantastic value IMO and great to see a weekend ticket again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

looking forward to paloma faith and James, meant to get their new album, they are still one of manchesters most popular bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Going the Friday night and looking forward to it

Thinking of going to the reg pre concert to have a few warm up pints. Anywhere else to recommend ?.

Going in my lonesome but sure it's better than not going at all

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

I'm headed away on Saturday for summer hols so didn't pay attention to who else was playing besides the headliners.

Gutted I won't get to see James. Incredible band, I would have headed over just to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Heading along on Friday night. Had tickets for Saturday and was looking forward to it but my godson's Christening was scheduled for that day so that obviously takes precedence.

Still, looking forward to Friday and hope the weekend goes well for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Won't be attending myself but Walking On Cars are a great band to keep an eye on, saw them a few months ago and got to meet them, all lovely guys and very talented!

• Advertisement

Max Powers wrote: »
    looking forward to paloma faith and James, meant to get their new album, they are still one of manchesters most popular bands.

The new James album is brilliant, check out the opening track for a flavor

enjoy the weekend everyone

heading to the show in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

First night was top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

First night was top class.

Yeah was absolutely brill, well done to everyone involved!

Good to hear, heading in tonight. What's the bar serving

thomasm wrote: »
    Good to hear, heading in tonight. What's the bar serving

Carlsberg, Budwiser, Bulmers and Wine.

Great gig last night and as Ricky Wilson 'this festival is going to be bigger next year'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

hi all when is dickie rock playing or did we miss him already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

The poor fella couldnt go on as they couldnt get his zimmer frame up the steps of the stage. The poor man. The night wasnt the same without him and his hardcore backing band.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

He's playing the tower hotel on July 19th. :)

http://www.towerhotelwaterford.com/dickie-rock-in-concert.html

Great atmosphere last night and really enjoyable music. Hoping to get in for James tonight too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

He's playing the tower hotel on July 19th. :)

http://www.towerhotelwaterford.com/dickie-rock-in-concert.html

thanks mate see you then regards brian

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Travelled home to get down and support the Saturday night show.
    David Grey ws a great act to get and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it.
    I thought Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott stole the show. Heaton is a superb frontman and it was great to hear a selection from The Beautiful South and The Housemartins.
    Was very impressed when he mentioned that he was down at the RSC on Friday and Davy Burke from the BSC managed to get down before the end of the gig to present with a Waterford United jersey and he is now one of our most famous fans.

Well done to Mick O'Keefe and everyone involved. It takes a lot of balls to run a show like this in Waterford with major acts so I hope he did well over the weekend and we will see a third year next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Bluezar wrote: »
    Travelled home to get down and support the Saturday night show.
    David Grey ws a great act to get and the crowd seemed to really enjoy it.
    I thought Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott stole the show. Heaton is a superb frontman and it was great to hear a selection from The Beautiful South and The Housemartins.
    Was very impressed when he mentioned that he was down at the RSC on Friday and Davy Burke from the BSC managed to get down before the end of the gig to present with a Waterford United jersey and he is now one of our most famous fans.

Well done to Mick O'Keefe and everyone involved. It takes a lot of balls to run a show like this in Waterford with major acts so I hope he did well over the weekend and we will see a third year next year!

Couldnt agree more on those sentiments, Sunday night was great, heard other 2 nights were VG too. James and King-kong Co probably best last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

What were the crowds like lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Reckon about 3500-4000 there on Saturday (Rough estimate from my view)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭floyd333

I wasn't at this but I heard good things about it. Well done to the organisers. I hope it becomes an annual event.

The town was really buzzing on Saturday. It’s great to see.

I’d prefer it to be in a more green area (park, field etc.) but this is not a big issue and it’s handy being close to town.

There was about 2500 there on Saturday. Total numbers about 5500 over the 3 days. They made a small profit. To go from a substantial loss to a profit is some doing.

Kaiser Chiefs were probably the highlight of the weekend. Ricky is a serious front man.

David Gray was enjoyable but he didn't look like a happy man leaving the stage, whatever that was about.

Paloma Faith was great but personally I wasn't a fan of all the love for the free loaders on the wall across the road..."I have more in common with them that I do with you" she said about the people who paid for their tickets. Idiot.

James were an embarrassment. The start of their set was a shambles...then they refused to play the songs that people knew (SHe's a Star, Waltzing Along, SIT DOWN). Someone said that they weren't too happy with not being the headline act. They also had a load of restrictions for the camera men. Idiots.

Loved the set up...the marquee and food places were chilled out and there wasn't an ounce of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Now if only they got an artist that I'd like it would be great.

Like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

Was thinking of basement jaxx myself the other day. They always put on a good show at festivals.

Advertisement