Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daytripper 2014

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

I was thinking of a few under card ones that mightn't be too expensive. The divine comedy would be one anyway.

It's going to be a challenge pulling off the headliners...but I'm sure that's something they are relishing, especially after this year and Waterford people finally accepting that we can actually put on an event like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

I was thinking of a few under card ones that mightn't be too expensive. The divine comedy would be one anyway.

It's going to be a challenge pulling off the headliners...but I'm sure that's something they are relishing, especially after this year and Waterford people finally accepting that we can actually put on an event like this

You seem to know how the event went down. Are they happy with how it went? Are they planning on doing it again next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

They're really happy. Next year will definitely go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

great news mate but personally think dickie rock should be headlining next year instead of being pushed to 2 weeks later in the tower hotel just my honest opinion regards brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Brilliant! The city is on its knees at the moment so hopefully if things improve a bit by next year they can sell out all three shows. I've heard nothing but good things so long may it continue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

If anyone here knows the lads booking the talent, put in a request for a Madness return. Best gig I was ever at last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Excellent, these events get bigger and better every year as they get established. Roll on 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I take it that the demographic they're aiming towards is the 30+ market, which probably lends itself well to attracting some of the bands who haven't been seen as much in recent years.

Ocean Colour Scene are one band who always seemed to come to Waterford and would be a good inclusion. I may be ambitious in some of my suggestions, but bands like Suede, Supergrass, Stereophonics, Feeder etc. would be very welcome.

One a more dance orientated front, Basement Jaxx an excellent shout. Others - Goldfrapp? Blondie? Massive Attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Specials!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Daft Punk will probably be touring next year ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Any bets on Ritchie Kavanagh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

obezyana wrote: »
    Any bets on Ritchie Kavanagh :D

Buck that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Garth Brooke's anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Garth Brooke's anyone

Yeah, they could get him to play all three nights. Guaranteed to sell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭MikeyReilly

Whoever they get next year they should be giving King Kong Company a longer set than they had this year. They were absolutley banging on the Sunday. Probably the best on the night. And all local lads as well. :-)

Advertisement