Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

90-day visa waiver.

Options
  • 03-03-2014 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I was working in Canada last year and was in the US on a weekend trip in Sept. I got one of those 90-day visa waivers put in my passport and on leaving the US they said if I was likely to be back down in the US again in the 90 days to keep it but give it back at the end either way. I had to come home to Ireland and didn't fly through the US. I'm going back to Canada now but still have this piece of paper in it, worried it will look bad because apparently if you still have it the US immigration officials consider it the same as overstaying your visa??

Does anyone have any info on this? Can I just go to the embassy in Dublin and hand it back? It expired in early December

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I forgot to turn in my I-94 when I left the U.S., what should I do?

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/752/~/i-still-have-my-i-94

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Exactly the info I was looking for. Extremely grateful. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Several years ago I worried about what to do with that piece of paper in my passport. I remembered that I did meet an immigration official when departing from JFK at the end of my previous trip and I remembered that on my first visit to the US in the 1980s, the Aer Lingus check-in lady in Boston had removed it but here I was back home and it was still there. I took a chance that I had been 'clocked out' and removed it myself, applied for the ESTA for my next trip and had no bother next time I travelled.

In your case however I suspect that you were not registered as leaving the US so I'd follow that procedure if I was you.

Advertisement