Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hailo now in Waterford

Options
  • 03-03-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Just got an email saying the Hailo taxi app now works in Waterford (and 20 other new towns and cities in Ireland).

I have to say it's the best app I've ever used, it's really simple but it has everything you need.

You can use the code "Waterford14" to get your first journey for free (up to €10) if you pay by credit card.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

Yeah read that on the journal, but the failed to mention Waterford. (nothing new there from the journal!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

whats the big deal with this? do you get a discount taxi every time is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Not everytime, but occasionally a few times a year there'll be money off codes.

It's just the convenience of it really, you open the app, it finds your location, you click "pick me up here". It tells you how long it will be and shows you a map of where the taxi is, tells you the name of the driver and his picture.

You have the option to pay by credit card which is handy sometimes.

Then afterwards you can rate the driver, there's a section to contact the driver if you lose anything, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭deadybai

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Not everytime, but occasionally a few times a year there'll be money off codes.

It's just the convenience of it really, you open the app, it finds your location, you click "pick me up here". It tells you how long it will be and shows you a map of where the taxi is, tells you the name of the driver and his picture.

You have the option to pay by credit card which is handy sometimes.

Then afterwards you can rate the driver, there's a section to contact the driver if you lose anything, etc...

oh right cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Great App, Use it on regular basis in Dublin. Have not rung a taxi since I started using it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah delighted to see this here. I remember hearing the owner on with Matt Cooper when it launched, thinking it was a brilliant idea and wondering when it would reach Waterford. I don't use taxis much but can't see myself ever phoning for a taxi again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

No 8 seaters available.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

looder wrote: »
    No 8 seaters available.
    shane o halloran of ardkeen taxi's use's hailo and he has an 8 seater

Advertisement