Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does BOI loan approval take?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I applied for a very small loan online with BOI, I didn't get any confirmation email or anything and was wondering roughly how long it will take before I hear from them, and will they ring me or will the option just appear on my online account?

As I didn't get a confirmation email I don't want to find out in a fortnight that they never received my application.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

I applied for a very small loan online with BOI, I didn't get any confirmation email or anything and was wondering roughly how long it will take before I hear from them, and will they ring me or will the option just appear on my online account?

As I didn't get a confirmation email I don't want to find out in a fortnight that they never received my application.
    Did you apply online? It's like a job application, if you are unsuccessful they don't both to contact you. Happened to me twice. Was I rejected? I don't know.... If they ask in the future if I was ever rejected for a loan application I will say, not rejected, IGNORED! Worth contacting them I would say.

I didn't bother as I had already sourced the cash elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Good morning stefanovich,

Thank you for contacting us on Facebook.

We’re sorry to hear you weren’t contacted; usually you would receive a call or letter. If you would like us to follow up on this for you, please let us know.

Thanks

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Well my experience would suggest otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Good afternoon stefanovich,

We would very much like to follow up on that for you, please send a PM with your name, phone number and first line of your address and we’ll have an adviser investigate and contact you.

Thanks

Janette

Advertisement