Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I convert 10.02.2013 into 10-Feb-2013 in Excel?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

As i the title - How do I convert 10.02.2013 into 10-Feb-2013 in Excel?

Thanks,
    Anna

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Missy86

You click on the cell in which "10.02.2013" is entered, rightclick and select format cells, go to 'Number' then 'Date'. There you'll find options for your date format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Missy86 wrote: »
    You click on the cell in which "10.02.2013" is entered, rightclick and select format cells, go to 'Number' then 'Date'. There you'll find options for your date format.

Beat me to it... :(

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gotanna

It's not working:(

Can you elaborate? Whats it doing/saying?

It does not do anything. There is no change when I go to Format Cells-->Date and I pick e.g 14 March 2013. Nothing happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

gotanna wrote: »
    It does not do anything. There is no change when I go to Format Cells-->Date and I pick e.g 14 March 2013. Nothing happens.

Istead of going to date try custom and scroll droen untill you get DD/MMM/YYYY

I'm afraid it doesn't work either...

Change the dots to slashes. So instead of typing 10.02.13 type in 10/02/13 then try to reformat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Missy86 wrote: »
    Change the dots to slashes. So instead of typing 10.02.13 type in 10/02/13 then try to reformat.

Beat me 2 it. I say it could be the case

It works:) thank you!
    Okay, now I have lots of entires like 10.03.2014, is there any way I can change them to 10/03/2014 not going one by one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

If the dates are on different rows / columns hold ctrl down and start clicking the rows and/or columns you want to change then do the following:

Do a find replace. ctrl+f in excel...go to the replace tab. Type in . for find and / for replace, then click replace all.

If you don't select what you want it will replace every single . in your worksheet with / so either ctrl select what you want or click Find Next and if it's something you want to change click Replace

Google is your best friend for excel. If you have a problem with it more than likely someone has encountered it and has a solution online.

I had a problem with deleting blank rows in a database with over 2000 entries, quick google search had a way of finding "special" (ie: blank cells) characters and then just a one click delete.

Advertisement