Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 help me improve system with dialler/CCTV etc

Options
  • 03-03-2014 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi

Ive an Aritech CS350 which Im just going to replace the battery on. Now Im thinking I would like to improve the system by a)installing a dialler and b) installing cameras mabye - can anyone suggest the type of Dialler I should get - the local Electrical Supplier just said it had a generic GSM type for 125 +vat - is there anything specific I should look for? Also - this probably sounds stupid but can anyone recommend a CCTV set up thats relatively easy to install - prob 2 to 3 cameras outside. House has broadband and landline. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any generic dialler will work off the outputs or the bell connections of a CS350.
    Your CCTV question is very vague. Most CCTV is easy enough if you understand how it works. IP is even easier if you understand networking ,do you have a budget in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭shamu2new

Hi Koolkid
    Thanks for the info on the GSM dialler for the alarm - is there anyone in particular you could recommend or what functions should I look for.
    In relation to CCTV I dont really know much to be honest - I think I need to read a bit first to figure out what I need. I am looking at two separate houses - one is my own - has internet and landline - the other is a relatives in an estate without internet - the latter is more urgent as house is being vandalised but the budget will need to be tight as its a retired person - need cameras with night vision and tamper proof but Im not sure about recording etc I will post again when I educate myself over the weekend hopefully. Im thinking it might be an idea to put in internet first and then I can also remotely monitor whats going on?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Advertisement