Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need a full driving license?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if you need a full driving license to join the PSNI? I've got the delay email but I was wondering if this is going to be a problem during the vetting? I know other forces tell you that you must have one before you even apply but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

I've had lessons before so I would be able to pass it in a week with an intensive course but probably not before vetting starts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Elorfanato

Never mind I found a post from back in 2010 where Shield said that you do not need a license in GV, however you will not be allowed to do any of the driving sections of training. This is OK for me as I plan to have my license if the time comes that I do get in to GV. It is just that I won't have it in time for vetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Tommy Gunn

Glad to hear it, cuz i'm in the same boat.

Advertisement