Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Research before public auction of house

Options
  • 03-03-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

A partially completed country house is up for public auction next week and I was considering bidding on it. It has roof and windows but no exterior/interior finish.
    To be honest, we would want to make significant changes to it.

What should I look into before bidding?
    My architect said he would be happy to look it over.
    Should I also get a solicitor to check things?

It is advertised with an AMV.
    Does this mean bidding will start at this value?
    Could it be sold for lower?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

AMV means it will not be sold for below that value. Bidding would normally start well below the AMV- and presumably it would reach and exceed the AMV

If you're intending on making major changes to the incomplete property- you need to see the planning permission and requirements- its entirely possible you may be in a straitjacket over the entire project.

Equip yourself with information- don't bid blindly- and don't presume its a blank canvas you can do what you want with.

Advertisement