Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Phone Warehouse Clearance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Got my kinect a few mins ago, delivered by nightline.

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Got my MS Office today, ordered yesterday morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

To the guys that got their stuff today, did it say anything about delivery on the tracking page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

just got two emails from order made yesterday. First saying the belkin bag is out of stock and the next saying my whole order is cancelled due to 'order details given not meeting requirements for further processing' ???

I never created an account and not majorly pushed anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Would the Cisco E1000 Wireless Router be worth getting instead of those crap UPC routers? signal goes no distance.

I got one of them before and it was brutal for wifi signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 TOC03

i checked in as a guest. But got no confirmation in my email, checked junk mail. I rang them, they cannot find my order? Did any of ye purchase as a guest, and not get confirmation email?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

TOC03 wrote: »
    i checked in as a guest. But got no confirmation in my email, checked junk mail. I rang them, they cannot find my order? Did any of ye purchase as a guest, and not get confirmation email?

Did you get an order number after you paid? If so, you can track it here: http://www.carphonewarehouse.ie/aspx/OrdersTracking.aspx

thanks, but i never took it down, as thought it would be emailed to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dakkon

Ordered MS Office 2010 1 licence late afternoon Monday, got it today but box says it is Family Pack. Looking at the box displayed for both versions in adverts it says family pack. So how do I know which version I got?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

I didn't check the website but I only got the email saying my stuff was out for delivery a few minutes after nightline called to check where I worked. The sling bag is very nice for that price. I got the 3000 mouse and it uses one of older larger receivers so might not be as useful with a laptop. The only way to turn it off is to disconnect the receiver and put it in the holder in the base, though there might also be a timeout.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rafamar

Placed my order for sling bag as a guest also. Got order confirmation email only few mins ago only saying it was dispatched and should arrive within few days. No change on the order tracker, wouldn't rely on their webpage. Good bargain,

rafamar wrote: »
    Placed my order for sling bag as a guest also. Got order confirmation email only few mins ago only saying it was dispatched and should arrive within few days. No change on the order tracker, wouldn't rely on their webpage. Good bargain,
    sorry when did u actually place the order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭chasm

I placed my order for the kinect sensor/game as a guest, received an "out for delivery" email about an hour ago, so hopefully have it before the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Got the office 2010 3 pack, nice one op.

How many hours/days did it take before ye got order confirmation as a guest?

• Advertisement

sorry when did u actually place the order?

about lunch time yesterday, 1ish, was looking for hd to be honest but was out of stock already

How many hours/days did it take before ye got order confirmation as a guest?

It was instantaneous for me. No dispatch confirmation as of yet.

mad muffin wrote: »
    It was instantaneous for me. No dispatch confirmation as of yet.
    sorry so you think when i did not get email confirmation it did not go through?

sorry so you think when i did not get email confirmation it did not go through?

Possibly? Did money go out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Dakkon wrote: »
    Ordered MS Office 2010 1 licence late afternoon Monday, got it today but box says it is Family Pack. Looking at the box displayed for both versions in adverts it says family pack. So how do I know which version I got?

If you got that at the 1-licence price, you got a real bargain. It will say on the dvd what version it really is.

• Advertisement

Possibly? Did money go out?
    Don't have internet banking set up, so can't check...

Don't have internet banking set up, so can't check...

I don't know it might be a bit hard without an order# but you can contact them on:

customercareie-cpw@cpwplc.com.

or

1850 424800 (Lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-8pm, Sat 9am -6pm)

And see what they say.

I don't know it might be a bit hard without an order# but you can contact them on:

customercareie-cpw@cpwplc.com.

or

1850 424800 (Lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-8pm, Sat 9am -6pm)

And see what they say.
    thanks i did, could not find it, but i know order did come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I got my shipping email today a few hours after delivery and still no sign of money being taken from my account :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

thanks i did, could not find it, but i know order did come up.

I made a second order just now and got no confirmation this time, did make a pdf of the order confirmation though. System seems to be a bit flaky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Got my order - office home 2010 3 licenses for 20euro :pac:

Dord wrote: »
    Got my order - office home 2010 3 licenses for 20euro :pac:

I don't know why I entered here again :D

I paid €35 :(

moodrater wrote: »
    I made a second order just now and got no confirmation this time, did make a pdf of the order confirmation though. System seems to be a bit flaky.

Even the address in their own confirmation email is incorrect should be:
    customercareie-cpw-ie@cpwplc.com

customercareie-cpw@cpwplc.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain cpwplc.com by gbx-mx02.cpwplc.co.uk. [213.52.212.134].

The error that the other server returned was:
    550 User unknown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I didn't check the website but I only got the email saying my stuff was out for delivery a few minutes after nightline called to check where I worked. The sling bag is very nice for that price. I got the 3000 mouse and it uses one of older larger receivers so might not be as useful with a laptop. The only way to turn it off is to disconnect the receiver and put it in the holder in the base, though there might also be a timeout.

I was worried that might be the story with the mouse. I quickly googled the name for reviews and was getting an older model than what was pictured.

Does the mouse you got look the same as the image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭fedorafennec

Beekay wrote: »
    Does the mouse you got look the same as the image?

Never thought to check that. The picture is of the mobile mouse 3000 v2. The one I received is http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002CPBWI .
    I think I had a v2 at some point that broke and I'd say this one is a bit bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Bought the three licence office 2010, on Tuesday morning, got a confirmation email straight away, got the package yesterday afternoon and then after I got the package I got an email to say it had been dispatched and it would be with me in 3-5 days? :L ... Post is ahead of schedule for some it would seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

living wrote: »
    I don't know why I entered here again :D

I paid €35 :(

They messed up the boxes ;(((

Ordered 3PC license for 35 and I got 1PC license only ???

Pablo1802 wrote: »

Balls I'll be really pee'd off if they do that to me. Did you get onto them? They don't seem to reply to email.

Balls I'll be really pee'd off if they do that to me. Did you get onto them? They don't seem to reply to email.

that's the correct email
    customercareie-cpw-ie@cpwplc.com

Iam awaiting for their reply

Ok, you win :D. But hopefully they will sort it out soon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭irishbigfoot

Ordered the 3 licence Office pack yesterday along with the Kensington charger for the iPhone. Registered at the time and was able to see last night that the order was 'Ready' but delivery date was 'Unavailable'. The order has now been cancelled though- presumably because they no longer have the 3 licence version (or 1 licence as the case may be!) but no reason given on the site or email to confirm. Not sure if they have copped on to their mistake with the 1 licence version of Office at this point but I do require 3 so not sure I will take the chance. Anybody go into one of the shops to see what is there?

Edit- received the email from them...(CustomerCareIE-CPW-IE@cpwplc.com)

Hello irishbigfoot,

You recently placed an order for: 1 x Kensington nightstand charging dock for iPhone
    1 x Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 3 Licenses

Unfortunately we cannot process your order as the order details given have not met the requirements for further processing, please refer to our terms and conditions. Your order has been cancelled and your bank will return the allocated funds to your account within the next 5 - 12 working days.

Could be anything in their T&C's so a vague email like this isn't helpful tbh- probably out of stock when it came to processing but all they have to do is say that instead of inferring that there was a problem elsewhere. I haven't ordered anything with them before...and I don't think I would bother trying again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

Just got my order.. Microsoft wireless mouse 6.99 eur :) free delivery aswell. Ordered tuesday afternoon and just got it :) Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cgeaney

Galaxy Fame on vodafone pre-pay back on website.

Same here just arrived. Any reply yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ordered the 3 licence Office pack yesterday along with the Kensington charger for the iPhone. Registered at the time and was able to see last night that the order was 'Ready' but delivery date was 'Unavailable'. The order has now been cancelled though- presumably because they no longer have the 3 licence version (or 1 licence as the case may be!) but no reason given on the site or email to confirm. Not sure if they have copped on to their mistake with the 1 licence version of Office at this point but I do require 3 so not sure I will take the chance. Anybody go into one of the shops to see what is there?

Edit- received the email from them...(CustomerCareIE-CPW-IE@cpwplc.com)

Hello irishbigfoot,

You recently placed an order for: 1 x Kensington nightstand charging dock for iPhone
    1 x Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 3 Licenses

Unfortunately we cannot process your order as the order details given have not met the requirements for further processing, please refer to our terms and conditions. Your order has been cancelled and your bank will return the allocated funds to your account within the next 5 - 12 working days.

Could be anything in their T&C's so a vague email like this isn't helpful tbh- probably out of stock when it came to processing but all they have to do is say that instead of inferring that there was a problem elsewhere. I haven't ordered anything with them before...and I don't think I would bother trying again.

I got same email and when I queried it they replied today with the same reply. It's a crap system. Checked with my cc company and they authorised tuesdays payment and todays when I reordered the Kinect again.

Thanks OP, think i was one of the lucky ones, got my bag delivered this afternoon.

Same here just arrived. Any reply yet?

Got reply:

"I have looked into your enquiry and can confirm that the Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 licences, that you have received is for use on 3 PC/laptops. They are not sent out as individual licences."

It must be a joke, cause 1PC license means 1 license for 1 PC only which I received, not for 3.
    3PC's license is a 1 license for 1 PC which I didn't get.
    So I have scanned license box on both sides, attached them to email and posted in reply.

Got reply:

"I have looked into your enquiry and can confirm that the Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 licences, that you have received is for use on 3 PC/laptops. They are not sent out as individual licences."

It must be a joke, cause 1PC license means 1 license for 1 PC only which I received, not for 3.
    So I have scanned license box on both sides, attached them to email and posted in reply.

I thought they'd try to fob us off, I also posted photos of the package and contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nanoro

For any of those who bought a Kinect, Argos have Nike Pro Trainer on sale for €15 which seems to be cheaper than anywhere else at the moment. http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9105449/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/Trail/searchtext%3ENIKE.htm

Got reply:

No reply yet, theres always twitter and facebook I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

Ordered 1 license of MS Office - got a Family Pack delivered which can be installed on 3 PCs. Ordered a mouse also - has a long usb dongle - way too large to leave it permanently connected to a laptop but will do a job somewhere for that price.

Anyone order the Kensington nightstand charger and get it yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I ordered a micro usb charger on Wed - order has been "ready" since then but delivery date unavailable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone order the Kensington nightstand charger and get it yet?

I had two delivered on Wednesday.

mcgovern wrote: »
    I had two delivered on Wednesday.

Hmmm. Must contact them. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement