Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X8 Dublin to Cork on a Friday evening

Options
  • 03-03-2014 3:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

**If I've this in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it**

I'm just posting to find out if anyone else has had any delays with the 16h00 X8 service from Dublin to Cork on a Friday evening. This Friday just gone, I was taking it from Dublin to Fermoy for the first time and though it was scheduled to arrive there at ~19h10, I didn't get to Fermoy until well after 20h00. :(

I'm just wondering if this is normal of this route at this time, have any other users here experienced similar issues, should I be writing a letter of complaint to Bus Eireann etc.? :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

This is pretty normal, the x8 timetable is a work of fantasy!

I'd also send your letter of complaint to the NTA, you are more likely to get noticed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 VWD8

In fairness the X8 is much more reliable since the timetable change last year, but yeah before that it was a disaster. Latest I have seen it arrive in Cork since then is about 15 minutes, usually 5 minutes late.

That delay is bad though. What time did it leave Dublin at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

VWD8 wrote: »
    In fairness the X8 is much more reliable since the timetable change last year, but yeah before that it was a disaster. Latest I have seen it arrive in Cork since then is about 15 minutes, usually 5 minutes late.

That delay is bad though. What time did it leave Dublin at?

I'm not sure what time it left the airport or Bus Arus, but I hopped at Heuston where it was supposed to be there by 16h12 and didn't get there till half past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

bk wrote: »
    This is pretty normal, the x8 timetable is a work of fantasy!

I'd also send your letter of complaint to the NTA, you are more likely to get noticed there.

I'll get right on it, does anyone know where I could find an email address for Bus Eireann and/or NTA?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I'll get right on it, does anyone know where I could find an email address for Bus Eireann and/or NTA?
    :pac:

To be fair - I think bk's comments were based on the old X8 timetable, which was impossible.

The current one looks quite reasonable.

There may have been traffic congestion between the Airport and Heuston - it does seem like an unusually long time to get there.

Was there bad traffic anywhere between Heuston and Fermoy?

Friday evenings can cause issues with any timetable to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Wasn't there a smash up along the Naas road that Friday that jammed it up basically from the start of the M7 right back to Newlands?

Advertisement