Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking 365 Business Online & App

Options
  • 03-03-2014 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I recently opened a business account, and it wasn't until after the fact I realised that Banking 365 isn't supported on Apple computers as they don't run Java.

To get around this I downloaded the iPhone app but to login to that I need a User ID and the last 4 digits of a Contact Number? I asked in my branch about this and they just said to call the helpline. Between long waiting times and no clear instruction of which digit to press for my query i'm hoping you can help!

I have no idea how to get a User ID and Contact Number! It's frustrating as I really need to get remote access to the ins and outs of my acc, and not have to wait until I'm passing a branch to check!

Hulk :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Hulk,

Thanks for your post.

Bank of Ireland 365 Online will work on multiple browsers and this includes Safari on a MAC. There is also a Mobile Banking App for iPhone and Android. To log on to either the main site or the App you will need a six digit BOI365 PIN and a User ID. When you first receive a BOI365 PIN, it is necessary to call BOI365 to have the PIN activated and to receive your User ID. It is at this point that your date of birth and contact phone number are registered for the security questions online.

You mentioned you opened a Business account and we are aware that Business Online will only work on Internet Explorer however, we have not launched a Business Online Mobile App for iPhone or Android or any other device.

If it is BOI365 Online that you are trying to access, you will need to call to register for the service and receive your User ID. To do this, please call 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 and to speak to a representative, please select the * key.

If you need assistance with accessing Business Online, please call 1890 818 265.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hi Hulk,

Thanks for your post.

Bank of Ireland 365 Online will work on multiple browsers and this includes Safari on a MAC. There is also a Mobile Banking App for iPhone and Android. To log on to either the main site or the App you will need a six digit BOI365 PIN and a User ID. When you first receive a BOI365 PIN, it is necessary to call BOI365 to have the PIN activated and to receive your User ID. It is at this point that your date of birth and contact phone number are registered for the security questions online.

You mentioned you opened a Business account and we are aware that Business Online will only work on Internet Explorer however, we have not launched a Business Online Mobile App for iPhone or Android or any other device.

If it is BOI365 Online that you are trying to access, you will need to call to register for the service and receive your User ID. To do this, please call 0818 365 365 or 00353 1 4044000 and to speak to a representative, please select the * key.

If you need assistance with accessing Business Online, please call 1890 818 265.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

thanks, I'll have to call 1890 818 265 then so. Business Online is what I need and currently have no access to it as my business runs on Apple Macs. Looks like I'll have to get a hold of a PC from somewhere to do it if there is no app for business too.

I will try get login details from 1890 818 265.

Thanks again

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Hi Hulk,

Thanks for your post.

Thanks
    Tara
    Hi Tara,

thanks, I'll have to call 1890 818 265 then so. Business Online is what I need and currently have no access to it as my business runs on Apple Macs. Looks like I'll have to get a hold of a PC from somewhere to do it if there is no app for business too.

I will try get login details from 1890 818 265.

Thanks again
    Don't spend any serious money on the PC, the business banking system is an abomination that only works on 800 x 600 fixed size windows,  and there are many issues with it that will break your heart if you are used to being able to do things with on line banking via a smartphone.

A cheap and cheerful small laptop will be plenty capable of running the banking on line system, as long as you have Internet Explorer (It won't work on any other browser) and Java, and as I mentioned, 800 x 600 screen resolution.

If the screen is much higher resolution, the problem becomes that the banking application is then stuck in the top left hand corner of the screen, and can't be resized, which is an issue if you want larger fonts or similar, it can't do that. It can also have problems with "extra" task bars for things like anti virus, in the window, which causes required select options on the bottom of the window to be pushed outside of the window, so then they become unselectable, which is not exactly helpful

BOI had an opportunity to upgrade the business banking suite with the arrival of SEPA, they've done the opposite, and done the absolute minimum to make SEPA work, and in the process, downgraded some of the already limited functionality of the existing application, so that (for example) it's no longer possible to put in a payment, and then before authorising the payment, copy that payment to save it as another payment for a week later. That used to work, but now, it won't even allow that limited functionality, and there's no way to set up a standing order in the business banking application either.

If I was in a position to move to another bank, I'd have moved a long time ago, but unfortunately, I can 't make that decision, the owner is locked into BOI, so we have to live with a third world system that should have been replaced 5 years ago.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 5 peter2468

I've been using business-online with a VM on my mac (the UX was truly terrible as previously mentioned, perhaps the worst I've used in the 21st century! :) ). The new business-online is now out which works on a mac but I've just realised that you can use 365 with a business and it's free if you don't need much and one signatory will suffice. To do this you'll have to speak with your BOI folks and get the appropriate form for 365 which they apparantly need signed in ink so you'll have to go into branch or post. You'll also need to separately cancel business-online.

Advertisement