Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing machine repair in Dublin 7

Options
  • 03-03-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi all,

My washing machine needs some TLC so can anyone recommend someone who will come out to take a look at it for me, ideally without a call out charge?

It's about 8 years old so out of manufacturer's warranty :(

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm going to send you a PM with the name and number of a very good fella who came to our place in Finglas not long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

OP have you looked at getting a new one. A engineer can cost anything up to €150(they can be cheaper). But a new German made machines are fairly cheap, more energy efficient and last for ages. If your washing machine is British made one I wouldnt bother getting it repaired as they just dont last.

Some people probably think my attitude is ridiculous. But a new German made appliance will be cheaper in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

hfallada wrote: »
    OP have you looked at getting a new one. A engineer can cost anything up to €150(they can be cheaper). But a new German made machines are fairly cheap, more energy efficient and last for ages. If your washing machine is British made one I wouldnt bother getting it repaired as they just dont last.

Some people probably think my attitude is ridiculous. But a new German made appliance will be cheaper in the long run.

I'm in a rented apartment, but the landlord lives in the US, so he asked me to get someone to take a look at and get a quote for a repair. He'll make a call then on whether it's worth fixing it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

we got a gorenje in powercity for 359. with 5 years parts and labour. a callout would cost 120+cost of parts.

tell your landlord a callout is half the cost of a new machine

• Advertisement
Advertisement