Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 weeks waiting now.

Options
  • 03-03-2014 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm going to try keep this short.

I ordered eFibre + eVision on the 28th of January. A technician came out and installed the eFibre line on the 4th of February. He said that another technician would be out in the next few days with the modem and eVision box. 

Almost 4 weeks later, and near to 15 phone calls later, still no broadband. The excuses on the phone have ranged from "The technician should be out within the next 5 working days", "Alright, I set an appointment for Monday", "We're a bit behind on installations because of the storms" (understandable), "Doesn't seem like an appointment was ever made for you, I'll have to put it up to the escalation team, they should get on to you within 10 days", (it has now been 11 working days) and finally, today I was told that the person was putting it up to the escalation team... (again??) and that it will be another 5 days until they get back to me. 

Personally, I feel that this is ridiculous. I don't want to vent my anger out on anyone here in particular and I'm sorry if it seems that way, but I'm am very annoyed at the service I've gotten from Eircom already... and I'm not even a customer yet. What will it be like when I'm actually a customer?? 

I don't know how the system works and I'm not going to tell people how to do their jobs, but would it be that difficult to just either A) Set an appointment and have the technician come out soon or B) Just send me the eVision box and VDSL modem so I can set it up myself. 

As I said, we've been waiting far too long at this stage and its worrying how bad of a service we've gotten so far. If it persists in the future, I really don't see a point in staying with Eircom for very long if this is what we're paying for. 

I would really appreciate it if one of the reps here could try sort it out to the best of their ability. 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

Welcome to Eircom where you speed is 1MB a second between the hours of 6PM and 12PM and on weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Shox2711 wrote: »
    I'm going to try keep this short.

I ordered eFibre + eVision on the 28th of January. A technician came out and installed the eFibre line on the 4th of February. He said that another technician would be out in the next few days with the modem and eVision box. 

Almost 4 weeks later, and near to 15 phone calls later, still no broadband. The excuses on the phone have ranged from "The technician should be out within the next 5 working days", "Alright, I set an appointment for Monday", "We're a bit behind on installations because of the storms" (understandable), "Doesn't seem like an appointment was ever made for you, I'll have to put it up to the escalation team, they should get on to you within 10 days", (it has now been 11 working days) and finally, today I was told that the person was putting it up to the escalation team... (again??) and that it will be another 5 days until they get back to me. 

Personally, I feel that this is ridiculous. I don't want to vent my anger out on anyone here in particular and I'm sorry if it seems that way, but I'm am very annoyed at the service I've gotten from Eircom already... and I'm not even a customer yet. What will it be like when I'm actually a customer?? 

I don't know how the system works and I'm not going to tell people how to do their jobs, but would it be that difficult to just either A) Set an appointment and have the technician come out soon or B) Just send me the eVision box and VDSL modem so I can set it up myself. 

As I said, we've been waiting far too long at this stage and its worrying how bad of a service we've gotten so far. If it persists in the future, I really don't see a point in staying with Eircom for very long if this is what we're paying for. 

I would really appreciate it if one of the reps here could try sort it out to the best of their ability. 

Thanks.

Hi Shox2711

I'm very sorry to hear of these delays. I can understand this can be disappointing and even frustrating. Please PM me your efibre order or account number including your address and landline number if you have one. I will look in to this for you and get back to you as soon as I have information on what is causing the delays and how we can resolve this.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shox2711

Sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Shox2711 wrote: »
    Sent
    Hi Shox2711

I've just got back to you by PM now

As soon as I have further information or updates for you I will let you know right away.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement