Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Dressers

Options
  • 03-03-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good hair dresser in Greystones (or North Wicklow or South Dublin). Looking to have decent highlights and a cut :D

Normally head into town... but want to try somewhere local for a change

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

cocker5 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Can anyone recommend a good hair dresser in Greystones (or North Wicklow or South Dublin). Looking to have decent highlights and a cut :D

Normally head into town... but want to try somewhere local for a change

Thanks a million

I go to Envy at the bottom of kilcoole beside centra, I only go to Lana tho not mad on the other girls:)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

i would strongly recommend you avoid sin é in charlesland. ive had two separate experiences there with a very rude manager with (in my opinion) very poor customer-facing skills. which is pity because the rest of the staff are lovely. the hair box in bray next to mcdonalds is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 bennetts

I have used Kudos on and off for many years. They can be more expensive than other hairdressers but I think they're worth it. Preferences would be Des for cutting and Sally for colour although, when they are not available, others have done my hair and I've always been pleased. I have tried most other hairdressers in Greystones and always find myself going back to Kudos. I think you get what you pay for and I would rather pay a little more and be delighted than save a few Euros and be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Thanks Guys, appreciate all your advice and feedback!

:D

Edited to say i called Kudos and got prices... nearly half of what i was paying in Dublin City Centre !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Hi

I'd recommend David Martin's in Killincarrig.
    He's extremely good at colouring.

I'd had a a few bad hair colours done in other salons and he really sorted out my hair fabulously.
    I find him expensive but well worth it.

He only open's til about 1 or 2 every day.

I used to go to Kudos but found them expensive, very hit and miss and some of the staff rude.

I have also tried the hairdressers, around the corner from Mrs Robinson's, sorry but don't know the name of it. I've never got my hair coloured there but I've got cut blow dried and a friend gets bodywaves. Find the prices reasonable, staff very very nice.

I wouldn't recommend the hair dressers in Charlesland either I'm afraid.
    Hair was a awful, went back to them, but no joy.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement

ellejay wrote: »
    Hi

I'd recommend David Martin's in Killincarrig.
    He's extremely good at colouring.

I'd had a a few bad hair colours done in other salons and he really sorted out my hair fabulously.
    I find him expensive but well worth it.

He only open's til about 1 or 2 every day.

I used to go to Kudos but found them expensive, very hit and miss and some of the staff rude.

I have also tried the hairdressers, around the corner from Mrs Robinson's, sorry but don't know the name of it. I've never got my hair coloured there but I've got cut blow dried and a friend gets bodywaves. Find the prices reasonable, staff very very nice.

I wouldn't recommend the hair dressers in Charlesland either I'm afraid.
    Hair was a awful, went back to them, but no joy.

Hope that helps.

Thanks a million :)

Do you mind if i ask did you get highlights or an all over colour in David Martins? and are they ok for a cut too (mid length with layers)

Thanks,
    X

I get highlights - 3 - 4 different shades!!
    Very good for cut too, I'm shoulder length and layered.
    I always book in with David himself.
    I honestly can't fault them except I think they're a bit pricey.
    But I always go back because they do a great job.

I'd sugget to you to go in and see David first.
    - That's what I did anyway, my sister recommended him to me.
    He looked at my hair and told me what he could do and how much it would cost etc.
    Booked in and haven't looked back since.

I get highlights - 3 - 4 different shades!!
    Very good for cut too, I'm shoulder length and layered.
    I always book in with David himself.
    I honestly can't fault them except I think they're a bit pricey.
    But I always go back because they do a great job.

I'd sugget to you to go in and see David first.
    - That's what I did anyway, my sister recommended him to me.
    He looked at my hair and told me what he could do and how much it would cost etc.
    Booked in and haven't looked back since.

Thanks a million, i just booked in with him (david directly)

€125 for a full head of highlights including a cut and blow dry.

My old place in town used to cost me €255 for a full head with a cut

Thanks again - much apprecited :)

Thanks a million, i just booked in with him (david directly)

€125 for a full head of highlights including a cut and blow dry.

My old place in town used to cost me €255 for a full head with a cut

Thanks again - much apprecited :)

Enjoy!!
    Best of luck, actually I'm really nervous now, but I'm sure you'll love it, please let me know if all ok…!!

Enjoy!!
    Best of luck, actually I'm really nervous now, but I'm sure you'll love it, please let me know if all ok…!!

Dont be silly, i apprecaite your feedback, Im sure he will be great :D

Thanks again X

• Advertisement

Ellejay,

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation , he did a great job, nice cut too!

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 annabell

eleMental wrote: »
    i would strongly recommend you avoid sin é in charlesland. ive had two separate experiences there with a very rude manager with (in my opinion) very poor customer-facing skills. which is pity because the rest of the staff are lovely. the hair box in bray next to mcdonalds is excellent.

Hey what happened do you mind me asking? They have messed up my hair n are failing ttake responsibility n fix properly.. Very upset as was very expensive.same thing not finding person I'm dealing with approachable

Hey what happened you at chareland my hair was messed up but finding it hard to get them to take responsibility fir it

Ellejay,

Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation , he did a great job, nice cut too!

Thanks again!

That's great, thanks for update!

annabell wrote: »
    Hey what happened you at chareland my hair was messed up but finding it hard to get them to take responsibility fir it

Hi Annabell

Got curly style blow dry, but all fell out / dropped only 2 hours later.

I went back they didn't care at all.
    I let it go, didn't bother taking it further.

What happened to your hair?

Spent 125 on highlights left with brassy blobs, roots not covered right n not close to scalp at all. Won't admit anything is wrong! I'm devastated like I don't have that kinda money to waste.keeps saying shel redo few streaks in top but all needs redoing. Underneath not covered right to

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

I second David Martin's. Adele does my hair and she's fantastic. Picked the perfect shade of colour for me and very subtle highlights. Delighted! She's a lovely person as well. They send you out a text message reminder for your next appointment so you don't even have to think about that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 seamountains

I booked in with David Martin after reading good reviews here, and I was very pleased with the results. He sorted out the brassy tones in my hair colour and when I showed him the style I wanted to grow my hair into that was no problem. Nice atmosphere in the place, and I have heard good comments about Adele who works there also. I went for my second visit last Saturday, and I'll be sticking with him from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭RumTumTiger

Just resurrecting this.. Does anyone have a recent ball park figure for cut and perm colour (long hair) in David Martins?
    Hate calling places to ask prices as tend to gasp in horror ;) have been dying my own hair for quite a while now but think it needs a major overhaul! Cheers RTT

Hi RTT

I get highlights so wouldn't have a clue on how much a full colour is.
    I generally find a trim or cut can increase the price by 30-40 euro so tend to get that done in bray.

I would say you're much better off phoning yourself or even popping in to give the stylist's a look.

Hope it all works out for you.

• Advertisement

Just resurrecting this.. Does anyone have a recent ball park figure for cut and perm colour (long hair) in David Martins?
    Hate calling places to ask prices as tend to gasp in horror ;) have been dying my own hair for quite a while now but think it needs a major overhaul! Cheers RTT

Full head of highlights and a cut worked out at €120 for me... a full colour is usually less as it takes less application time.

Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Zoo4m8

Full head of highlights and a cut worked out at €120 for me... a full colour is usually less as it takes less application time.

Best of luck :)

:eek: I sincerely hope that Declan never reads this !

Zoo4m8 wrote: »

?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭RumTumTiger

Cheers for the replies Ellie and Cocker. Will brace myself and drop during the week. From the posts on this thread I have my hopes pinned on a major image overhaul ;)

?????

Barber opposite Latouche Wines.. €14 a pop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

That'd be no excuse to raise prices. 12euro for the other butchers, I mean barbers. There's a distinct difference between a hair salon and the conveyor belt barbers for men in Greystones. And for what it's worth, you'd get a better men's cut in Shapes upstairs than in Declan's for not much extra.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Barber opposite Latouche Wines.. €14 a pop :)

Thats not even comparable???

barbers v's getting a full head of highlights plus a cut??

Infact got my hair done in town (with my fav colourist and cutter) last week cost €230.... worth every penny IMO

so €120 is good value :rolleyes:

astrofluff wrote: »
    That'd be no excuse to raise prices. 12euro for the other butchers, I mean barbers. There's a distinct difference between a hair salon and the conveyor belt barbers for men in Greystones. And for what it's worth, you'd get a better men's cut in Shapes upstairs than in Declan's for not much extra.

Very sorry.. Just my sad attempt at comedy..

€12? Depends whether a beard is included or not..

And for what it's worth, Marion in Shapes has looked after my hair at times and I just happen to prefer the girls in Declan's who do it exactly as I want it everytime..

Thats not even comparable???

barbers v's getting a full head of highlights plus a cut??

Infact got my hair done in town (with my fav colourist and cutter) last week cost €230.... worth every penny IMO

so €120 is good value :rolleyes:

Of course it's not comparable !! ( see above..)

€230? Hey, beauty feels no pain..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

^^^^
    Declan's the best deal in town.

Advertisement