Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI refund update?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I received a letter in January stating that I had been mis sold PPI on my bank of Ireland mortgage.
    The letter gave an amount and asked me to confirm if I wished to cancel the policy to reclaim my refund.

I instructed bank of Ireland to cancel my policy and send out my refund. I was told I would receive a refund within 35 days however that time has now elapsed and I still have no refund. I received a letter dated 24th January stating that my policy has been cancelled as per my instruction and that I can not make any future claims on the policy.

When I called PPI support phone number today looking for an update on my refund the person was unable to tell me if I would be receiving the refund or if any cheque had been issued. She said she did not have any access to that information and was only able to inform me that the policy was now  cancelled.

Can I please have an update on when I will be receiving the refund cheque or at least confirm that everything is ok with the claim as the PPI support people were unable to confirm either way that the claim had been processed. 

thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi boippiu,

Thanks for getting in contact with us and welcome to boards.ie.

To get an update on your PPI refund case, please contact your account holding branch directly. A Mortgage Advisor should have access to this information and will be happy to look into this on your behalf.

To locate the contact details for your branch, please use this link.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boippiu

Hi boippiu,

Thanks for getting in contact with us and welcome to boards.ie.

To get an update on your PPI refund case, please contact your account holding branch directly. A Mortgage Advisor should have access to this information and will be happy to look into this on your behalf.

To locate the contact details for your branch, please use this link.

We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    I went into my local branch today and the girl told me all refunds were being issued centrally and that she did not have access to the system to tell me if a cheque had been issued.

I explained that the PPI Unit told me to see the branch directly as they themselves didn't have access to my details.

It would seem that no one anywhere in your organisation has access to my details and everyone is telling me to try other departments.

I simply want to know if a cheque has been issued and when I can expect it as it's over due past the 35 days I was originally told. I already know the amount and I have already received confirmation from the bank back in January that my policy is cancelled and they are issuing a refund as per my instructions.

Can you confirm exactly who I need to contact to find out when my refund will arrive and please provide a phone number. Both my local branch and the PPI unit helpline say they dont have access to the refund and both say I need to contact the other.

Hi boippiu,

We're very sorry to hear that you did not get the information you required. If you would like to DM us with your name, contact information and your branch name, we'll be happy to organise a call back for you in order to address this issue directly.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 4 boippiu

Hi boippiu,

We're very sorry to hear that you did not get the information you required. If you would like to DM us with your name, contact information and your branch name, we'll be happy to organise a call back for you in order to address this issue directly.

Thanks,
    Elaine
    Thanks for the quick reply.

The lady in my local branch updated her system while I was there to have someone from the PPI Unit give me a call back but the PPI Unit have already told me they can't help me. I called them again directly a few minutes ago and they told me to keep waiting to see if a cheque arrives by post.

I just want someone to tell me there are no problems with the refund and that a cheque will be issued. I don't mind that its late, I just need to confirm that it is being processed.

I'm new to this forum so you'll have to tell me what a DM is. I tried sending a private message to you but pm's are switched off.

thanks again.

Hi boippiu,

We have sent you a private message. You can respond to us via this message with your details and we will look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Advertisement
Advertisement