Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4-bed new build - furnishing and fitting costs?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey All,

Its one of those "Hows longs a piece of string" questions... but whats people experience of the cost of getting a new build ready to live in etc.. Tiling, painting, appliances, furniture, assuming Ikea/D.I.D. type prices?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It really depends on-

Is it fully complete- or are you doing final fittings etc
    Are you talking about Kitchen, bathroom(s) etc
    To what standard you want to finish/furnish?
    Are you looking at standard furniture- standard fixtures/fittings etc
    Is there some mad tiling schemes- weird heating systems etc......

So- in theory- you could be looking at tens of thousands of Euro.

What most people do in a situation like that- is do the living room, the kitchen, one bathroom and one bedroom- and then progressively over time do the rest of the rooms.

Unfortunately- as you alluded to yourself- it is a bit of a 'how long is a piece of string' question

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bravo Oscar Bravo

You're right of course! Its a hard one to put an approximate figure on. Just trying to figure out how much to put aside and unsure about a ballpark amount!
    Thanks for the pointers though and for taking the time to reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Over in the construction forum there's a whole thread on self builds where you'll get a lot of current info. I'm not hugely knowledgable on it but I'd say you're looking at €1200 per sq meter upwards, depending on the level of finish you want, the sky really is the limit in that sense. If you google around you'll also find self build blogs with diaries and pictures of what people here in Ireland and the UK have built.

You should also be aware that there are new regs soon in that means you have to get a few people to sign off on the build, all of which could set you back several thousand euro in certificates alone. From what I've heard these new regs will add 3-7%on top of what it costs to build.

Advertisement