Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Local Elections

Options
  • 03-03-2014 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I think these local elections this time around are going to be tough for everyone who will be putting their names forward as a candidate. Having said that, just imagine running for the Labour Party! or F/G for that matter. Labour Party having more to loose than any other party after their terrible performance in the present coalition Government. I feel sorry for their candidates as they set out to face the voting public on their door steps! I know the local elections are supposed to be about local issues but the house holders will be sharpening their knives for these unfortunate local & county candidates when they come calling to their homes. Labour having lost in the region of 200 of local, county & country wide supporters & past candidates to date. Labour will have huge losses in this local elections & possibly a near wipe out in the up & coming General Elections two years down the road. I'm sure the Labour Party will feel a huge back lash from the general public country wide by the time the local elections are over. They have no one to blame only themselves for the way they turned the general public against them for their callas treatment on the old the sick & the low earners of this country over the past three years. From what I hear out there, Labour will take on anyone who would run with their name carved on their forehead! At the end of the day, I would like to wish all these Candidates country wide, the very best of luck in these local elections !:cool:

Advertisement