Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby's blackout curtains

Options
  • 03-03-2014 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Anyone point me in the right direction for blackout curtains for a baby's room?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mszylwo3bnaxg7

Got some in home focus. They're better than ordinary curtains but some light does come in around the sides and over the top because they hang a little bit out from the wall. Think argos may do some as well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Got some in home focus. They're better than ordinary curtains but some light does come in around the sides and over the top because they hang a little bit out from the wall. Think argos may do some as well
    And thats why you install curtain pole a good 8-9 inches above the top of the internal window reveal and that the curtain pole extends past the side reveals by at least 10+ inches on each side of the window.This way you dont give the light any gap or space to get into the room.The more pleats in the curtains when closed the better that work too,for both heat retention and also blacking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Ikea

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I ordered from here http://www.easyblindsonline.co.uk as I had the blackouts that are normal curtains. Thought they were rubbish.

A tip (may seem obvious but I got it wrong first time) when cutting allow for the fact it has to go over the handle of the window . I didn't, doh, gaping hole and light ðŸ˜

I even managed to remove the velcro and attach to a new window when moving to a bigger room

I'd highly recommend them. Still using them 4 years later...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

deadlast wrote: »
    Anyone point me in the right direction for blackout curtains for a baby's room?
    Thanks

I saw plain blackout curtains in Harry corry half price or more. Dunnes stores also had them for kids rooms €40 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Millem wrote: »
    I saw plain blackout curtains in Harry corry half price or more. Dunnes stores also had them for kids rooms €40 I think.

Yeah, I think I got blackout curtains in Harry Corry too last year.

Although you probably don't want a completely dark room.
    I got these pair of LED night light plugs, which have light sensors to only turn on in the dark.

I think they said you could leave it plugged in for a year and they're so low power that it would only cost you 30p or so.

Argos LED Night Light

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I got some on ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Got made in http://www.clonsillablinds.com/ and they where perfect!! great for room that has sun on it all day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Yeah, I think I got blackout curtains in Harry Corry too last year.

Although you probably don't want a completely dark room.
    I got these pair of LED night light plugs, which have light sensors to only turn on in the dark.

I think they said you could leave it plugged in for a year and they're so low power that it would only cost you 30p or so.

Argos LED Night Light
    5 euro in lidl.grand little sensor light for the landing if the kids wake up need to go to bathroom

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

You can get them in IKEA too...not so expensive either.

Cheap & easy to install :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement