Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair dismissal?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I have been working part time as a waitress since march 2013. As of november 2013 my employer stopped calling me for work. My texts were ignored completely so I phoned & was told they would try to sort out hours (this was in jan 2014). Today I was sent my p45 through another employee. I received no notice of cessation until now (03 march 14) although it states that my employment ceased on 30 Nov 13. I did not sign a contract & am just wondering where I stand. I paid prsi, usc, etc. I did not receive holiday either. Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Technically you are out of the UFDA as you don't have 12 months continuous service but you should be entitled to some form of benefit from this situation. What the employer done was totally unacceptable. I'm guessing you're not in a union so your only other option is to seek legal advice through a solicitor or through the FLACs.

Somebody I knew worked for a company for 5 months. Was dismissed instantly over a minor issue and was awarded 1,600 under the UFDA as the employer didn't follow correct procedures.

I would seek out your nearest FLAC and maybe they can put you in the right direction.

Advertisement