Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections 2014: What issues will you be raising with candidates on the door?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I'm sure many of the Independents would object to doing deals with SF.

Just because they're not for FF/FG doesn't mean they'll necessarily align themselves with the Shinners.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hughjarse1

At this stage Sinn Fein have more political credibility than FG and FF. At least they are not shackled by the austerity policies of the right wing parties who continue to persecute to pay off the rich bond holders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I can't take Tom Fortune seriously on this tbh.

He benefited from deals with FF and FG in the past.

This.

I have an awful lot of time for Tom Fortune. I think he is a decent man and does a lot for his local area.

But in the past, people forget, he was a part of an agreement with Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil to snooker Independents out of key positions to ensure his own position as Chairman. He succeeded in snookering a lot of people out of key positions, and never complained. But now, because he was on the "losing" side of the fight, he is up in arms and throwing the toys from the pram. Anyone who heard him talk on East-Coast FM earlier in the week... he sounded so bitter about it, but was crucified by Declan Meehan over his previous dealings in 2009 to secure the chair for himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Hughjarse1

Tom Fortune an outstanding community politician. He is not under the control of the party whip system which makes the Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil people do what they are told by the shady vested interests who control the actions of these parties. Tom was superb on the Declan Meehan and was not given a hard time by him. Bogus independent Fox was given a very hard time by Meehan for his betrayal of the independent cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Since the elections are well over, further discussion can take place in the political forums.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement