Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections 2014: What issues will you be raising with candidates on the door?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I think Mary Lou could well be right. The timing is very shifty to me.

Anyway.

The obvious first question is about that ******* Eddie Sheehy. Do they support him etc. Not that it makes much difference since they apparatnely can't get rid of him so we are stuck with him.

Then there are the questions on what exactly they HAVE done for Wicklow and what they ARE going to do. If you get the usual drivel it'l be 'yeah whatever'. I know solidly who I am NOT voting for. And I know solidly who my number 1 is going to. After that it is so far an open line.

As to the EU elections I haven't the first fog. Thanks to the eyesore posters I know of a few who are standing, although I have never heard of any of them before apart from Simon Harris. Again I know who I would NOT vote for, but not the first fog who to vote for.

I'd want to know why Europe is worth it. Why electing them to the EU yokie is gonna help me. It seems that being part of Europe is nothing but bad news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 yosserhughes

I would ask them 1..Are you in favor of water taxes? 2...Are you in favor of home tax?....3..Do you agree with the very unfair Green Party carbon tax being imposed on people?...Yes to any of the above and I would be politely asking them to leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭MrJones1973

Have had only two canvassers not impressed. Im just waiting for the Fianna Failures to show up or Labour. In the end FG were at hear -heartless. So nothing surprising there. FF grossly-incompetent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

In the East-Wicklow LEA (covering Wicklow Town, Rathnew, Ashford, Glenealy, Newtownmountkennedy, Kilpedder and Roundwood):

Quota was approx 1,400.

John Snell (SF) has been elected at the first count with over 1,500 first preferences, beating the quota. Well done to John!

Daire Nolan (Ind) was second place after the first count, with 1,139 first preferences.

Pat Casey (FF) was third place after the first count, with 1,114 first preferences.

Shay Cullen (FG) was fourth place after the first count, with 1,013 first preferences.

There was a big gap then to the 5th placed candidate, who I believe was Irene Winters (FG), 6th Gail Dunne (FF), 7th Malcolm Earls (FG).

Most pollsters predict that Nolan, Casey and Cullen will be declared elected early tomorrow, with a heated battle emerging for the final two seats between Irene Winters, Gail Dunne and Malcolm Earls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The Wicklow LEA after Count 6:

10417538_10152400437848116_5798430259764892773_n.jpg

Baltinglass LEA after Count 5:

10361063_10152400465298116_3448523119069091806_n.jpg

Arklow LEA after Count 5:

10013520_10152400460488116_6126355345636997684_n.jpg

Bray LEA after Count 4:

10357174_10152400456713116_2243348591599988209_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭insomniac86

Fair play to Brendan for getting a seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fair play to Brendan a shame he didn't get in

Huh?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement