Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

provident loans

Options
  • 03-03-2014 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi has anyone ever got a loan from provident? My agent was recently sacked and nobody has called for repayments since i was just wondering where i stand is it my responsibility to pay in their office or is it theirs to collect the money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They usually send someone to collect ,we had the same issue a few years back ,
    Wouldn't do any harm ringing your local office

• Registered Users Posts: 2 brem

Gatling wrote: »
    They usually send someone to collect ,we had the same issue a few years back ,
    Wouldn't do any harm ringing your local office

My agent was sacked tho :) so I'm wondering should i sing dumb until they send someone??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

brem wrote: »
    My agent was sacked tho :) so I'm wondering should i sing dumb until they send someone??
    No, you should contact them immediately or they will add extra interest onto your repayments for late payments. You will find that it is your responsibility to pay them according to the agreement and the collector is only there to make things easier for them by ensuring a higher repayment rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

foggy_lad wrote: »
    No, you should contact them immediately or they will add extra interest onto your repayments for late payments. You will find that it is your responsibility to pay them according to the agreement and the collector is only there to make things easier for them by ensuring a higher repayment rate.
    Wrong. You wont have extra interest to repay . But you will have arrears and any weeks you miss will show on your history and may affect future borrowings. You could post payment to your local office or deliver in person. Obv if posting send a postal order and photocopy same for proof.

Advertisement