Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FOOD AND DIET MCQ

Options
  • 03-03-2014 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi I have my first MCQ tomorrow on macro micro meat dairy and labelling.
    I am worried as I did literally nothing for this module and my science is rusty as I do Law.
    Does anyone have any information on them? Is it just whats on the slides asked? because I am looking at chemical formulas etc and all confused!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Remember doing that in first year, loads of stuff that wasn't on the slides came up

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

I did that last year and it was just stuff from the lecture notes as far as i remember, but the questions are quite specific, you do need to know proportions and values for the meat and dairy sections and the RDAs for the nutrients. the second half of that course is easier though and a lot less sciency so you'll be grand for the end of semester exam

• Registered Users Posts: 26 calron

yes it went awful as what you said was exactly what happined it was very specific! So i am worried about the end one as the meat and dairy will be back and am awful at it? dont know wheather to ask the tutor for more help! Is the final exam times so quick like the mid term MCQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

i think that theres another online mcq before the end of the semester, and then the final mcq in may. the online exam will be the same format as the last one, but it will only be on the second half of the course which i personally found easier than the first - it covers obesity, food choice, diets and stuff like that, and then a section on food safety. some of it is common sense but the rest you'll just have to learn tbh (sorry :P) the final exam is mcq as well but you have an hour for that so at least you have a chance to think about the questions for that. it'll be the same standard of difficulty and specificity as the first mcq as well. they only ask questions on the material on the lecture slides though, so i think if you give yourself enough time to go through the lecture slides you'll be fine - the mcq you've done already is only worth 20%. it is a bit of a pain though to learn off a load of stuff you'll never need again - im doing science so i had a good bit of the material covered already, but the food composition stuff is so boring.
    the q's on the first mcq are a good indicator of what you'll get in the final mcq so at least you know what to prepare for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Remember doing that in first year, loads of stuff that wasn't on the slides came up

I love when that happens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement