Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card not going to collect? What does it mean?

• 03-03-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I have a credit card debt of 2k and haven't been able to pay anything off on it to date, am struggling to even pay my mortgage, other bills & put a little food on the table. I got a letter from a debt collecting company saying they were taking action. I rang them & they said that they have now been instructed not to collect by AIB. I rang AIB & they said they aren't going to collect. What does this mean!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Dubwat

Firstly, have you been in touch with MABS (money advice) or FLAC (legal advice)?

I'd think they have written off your debt as not worth collecting. I'd defo try to get that in writing from either agency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Is you CC with the same bank as your mortgage?

It does sound like they have written it off.

Get a copy of your ICB report to be sure. It will take 6 years from the date it was written off for you to have a clean record again.

I would get onto to MABS to find out how if any implication this may have on your mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Layla C

No it's not the same bank, it's an AIB card, my mortgage is with EBS. I will contact MABS to see what this means for me. Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement