Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Group images in wordpress

Options
  • 03-03-2014 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭

I want to have my photos grouped instead of indivual, maybe like something you can scroll through

my site is: http://mxvaleting.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I want to have my photos grouped instead of indivual, maybe like something you can scroll through
    Which photos? The "Our Recent Works" section? Or in the individual pages?

Aside: You should create a info@mxvaleting.ie email to forward to your gmail address. You will be able to reply from gmail as info@mxvaleting.ie

Also, a number of typos in: http://mxvaleting.ie/portfolio/vw-golf-2/
    ware (5 times) -> were
    the the -> then the

• Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

daymobrew wrote: »
    Which photos? The "Our Recent Works" section? Or in the individual pages?

Aside: You should create a info@mxvaleting.ie email to forward to your gmail address. You will be able to reply from gmail as info@mxvaleting.ie

Also, a number of typos in: http://mxvaleting.ie/portfolio/vw-golf-2/
    ware (5 times) -> were
    the the -> then the

What do you think ? The recent work look crap imo

Ill chance the address to James@mxvaleting.ie

Ill correct those topos

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Banta

I'm presume you're talking about the Gallery page here?

I think grouping is the way to go, or at the least some kind of lazy loader happening. You're aware that page is more than 30MB.... right?

Yes somesort of gallery :-) .. more organised.

I'm not a web designer or anything close just to make it clear, i guess the images are too big ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Well done for what you have done.
    You need to learn a bit more about some "web" things and using WordPress plugins

Image http://mxvaleting.ie/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/01-DSCF8783.jpg on the home page
    is 3,310px × 2,066px (scaled to 88px × 55px) and a whopping 2,157.41 kB
    It should be under 5k.

There are several other things besides the image sizes that could be improved as well.

The responsive design works well with the exception of the slider on the home page, try changing the settings to resize it or maybe make it not appear at all on small screen sizes.

• Advertisement

Ya i would like to keep the slider one size as its set for my screen, could i do that ?

The website is responsive so somewhere in the css you will be able to add or change values to do that.

Check your site visitor statistics. it is possible that perhaps 1/2 your visitors are on tablets or mobiles. How it looks on you monitor does not help your potential client using his smart phone. The average visitor will go back to Google before they wait for a slow website or try to find the content they want. Often just opening hours and the phone number. I have no idea your opening hours and your contact number is 4+ screens down on a mobile

Thanks ill keep that in mind and might give it a bash some other time :-)

What about the image grouping though, what is a good plug in and how do i group them

You can place your pictures on the page and lay them out using styling either inline (quick and dirty) or in the css file (bit more involved but only needs to be done once)

You already appear to have a gallery plug in.
    If this is not working for you try nextgen gallery.

When using a gallery you are putting the pictures into the "gallery" and using a short code to insert it into the page.

If you need actual help to set it up PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭tramoreman

you might want to consider adding submenus under gallery as you have a load of photos in your gallery section instead of trying to group them

• Advertisement
Advertisement