Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willouise New Development, Sallins, Co. Kildare

Options
  • 03-03-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

These are due to launch later this month.

http://www.willouise.com/

Anyone know much about the area? We were looking to buy in Maynooth but looks like we could be priced out of this area based on recent trends! We are both working in Dublin so the train station at Sallins & Naas is a plus for us.

Any feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Hi there, living in Sallins for the last 7-8 years. Very settled in the area and if buying again would buy in the same area (albeit not another apartment!!).
    The site there is about a 10 minute walk from the train station, it's as easy to walk from there as the road can be busy in the mornings so at worse you're probably only wasting 2-3 mins walking and saving on the parking.
    Sallins itself is really a village with a lot of patched on large estates, it needs more facilities which don't appear to be coming anytime soon but it's a quiet area more rural in pace than city life. It all depends what you're looking for outside of the home or working life. Our child is not of school going age yet but she's very happy in the crèche and by all accounts the local school is very good. There are some good local pubs, and Naas has some nightclubs etc (never been to any of them to date). Newbridge is a 15min drive away for a good shopping centre in the Whitewater. For a nice meal both Lock 13 and the Bridgewater Pub very nice, if you're looking for a takeaway you're ringing places in Naas who all deliver to Sallins. For exercise, the canal bank can be nice in the evenings if going for a walk/run. There's plenty of sports clubs and teams in the area, I myself stick to the running and there's plenty of routes around. Good cinema up near the big ball outside of Naas.

I use the train for my daily commute to work, getting the 7:58 train each morning has me in Heuston for half 8. I do think it makes a difference as to where you work in the city after that. For me it's getting the Luas up to the Jervis so typically in work for 8:45-8:50 every day. In the evening time I leave work at 5pm and walk to Heuston to get either the 5:30 Galway train or 5:35 Waterford train. Both are non-stop services to Sallins and take approx. 18-20mins so I'm home for 6pm each evening.
    The cost of the commute incl Luas addon for 2014 is 1920 for the year on a tax saver ticket (it's paid monthly as a deduction from your gross salary), that works out at 160 per month but around half that in true costs if you're on the higher rate of tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 annecath

talking of marina at the rear. lower half of field feet from canal. can be wet. beware of increased cost or difficulty with house insurance as lot of these properties will not be 100 metres from canal or river. Sallins is nice, villagey but very few amenities.unless want to be in car all the time may look at Naas. schools good in both .

• Registered Users Posts: 19 morrigan2014

Great thanks guys. I did think of the potential of flooding so we will look into that. To be honest, Sallins is so close to Naas I actually don't mind the lack of amenities in the village. In a way, it might mean it is quieter than Naas and we would prefer that.

Hopefully these are going to be showing soon enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Zedda

Hi - did you ever end up looking into these houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭johnnymorgan

Hi,

Has anyone bought in this development that can give some feedback? I am familiar with Sallins as have friends living there so what to expect from the village..

How prone are these properties to flodding, has the area where the development is, been flooded in recent memory?

Rgds,
    J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Bumping this to see if anyone has moved in or can offer any advice / opinions on this development?

Agent assures me there's no flood risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

DaveD wrote: »
    Bumping this to see if anyone has moved in or can offer any advice / opinions on this development?

Looking for the same, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭lemmno

Also looking for info on these

Advertisement