Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght AC 5k Sunday 4th May 10:30am

Options
  • 03-03-2014 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭

1969208_674574632601522_1350747721_n.jpg

Course map

Entry just €15 includes free t-shirt to first 400 finishers. Entries taken on the day at Tallaght AC clubhouse (greenhills rd) up to 10am.

Last year's thread

Last year's results

This year the annual club race is also incorporating the Dublin Novice Road Race championships so there is guaranteed to be a high standard of club runner at the front for all those chasing PB's. Also ideal for first timers; all standards welcome.
    As you can see from the garmin link above it is a very flat course and fast times were recorded last year. A good spread of food is available at the clubhouse afterwards. A great club race for just €15.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Looks good, same weekend as Lexslip but this may suit me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭NiallG4

Why run a well organized club race for €15 when you can run a gimmicky race (no permit, course not measured for €35). Last weekend in Carlingford there was a half marathon (measuring 12.97 miles) and a 10K (measuring 6.05 miles). I think roughly 900 were there paying €35. Hard to attract the mass crowds given the huge choice of races every weekend but all local clubs in Dublin should be supporting this race. The so called running boom is killing Athletic Clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

This is genuinely a fast course. Basically slightly downhill for 4km. Last km is on a slight incline but nothing serious enough to slow you down!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Damn - will be away for this. Was hoping the Tommy Lynam/Midsummer 5k would be the Novice Championship! Best of luck with the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Festinatio Cursor

Is this still going ahead? Looking for something to keep me well behaved over the bank holiday weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Is this still going ahead? Looking for something to keep me well behaved over the bank holiday weekend.

Yes it absolutely is.
    Entry through precision timing website or at Tallaght AC clubhouse on the morning of the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Yep sure is as meno says. Race is on Sunday so you will have to find something for Monday as well to keep you honest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

The big news of late is that the course has been slightly modified so as it can finish with a lap of the best track in Dublin. Should make for a flat, fast and exciting finish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭paddybarry

Enjoyed the race today. Was great to get to run around the track. Great credit to Tallaght AC, I'll be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

We had just over 200 running today, which was brilliant. Anyone of you that did it, hope you enjoyed it. The Tallaght AC 5k will be held on the first Sunday in May henceforth, and (so I'm told) will continue to incorporate the Novice Championship. So put it in your diaries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Well done Tallaght AC, well organised and nice bunch of people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Great event, decent course, very well run. Lovely to finish on the track!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Just wondering if anyone knows if this will be on again this year on the May Bank Holiday Sunday (3rd) ? I had a look on Tallaght AC's website but info is last year's. Sounds like a great race. I suppose it's still a bit early but I'm looking to pin down a goal 5K for end April/early May.
    Cheers.

Bungy Girl wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone knows if this will be on again this year on the May Bank Holiday Sunday (3rd) ? I had a look on Tallaght AC's website but info is last year's. Sounds like a great race. I suppose it's still a bit early but I'm looking to pin down a goal 5K for end April/early May.
    Cheers.

As far as I know, yes, but I'll check with someone else in the club, and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

yes, permit was granted for the race to be held on May 3rd this year, will be Dublin Novice champs again I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭Bungy Girl

Fab, thanks. Will be there.

RayCun wrote: »
    yes, permit was granted for the race to be held on May 3rd this year, will be Dublin Novice champs again I believe

I can confirm that. And yes it will incorporate the Novice Championship.

Advertisement