Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printer Ink

Options
  • 03-03-2014 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some good inks. I need good quality prints that need wont fade in the first few years, can stand up to pawing/constant touching and is some what water resistant . Im probably going to buy a Canon Pixma Pro 10 or 100

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Inkmaestro are very good. They do copy-cat ones and originals. The original ink cartridges last longer I would imagine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Inkjet.ie and justmedia.ie are good as well. Generally compatible cartridges stand up well compared to originals, however original more expensive cartridges tend to have "guarantees" against ink fading overtime, being slightly water-resistant on certain papers. I've used compatibles in my Epson for years, never had any issues. Although I don't print photos much,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭BenRowe

yoyo wrote: »
    Inkjet.ie and justmedia.ie are good as well. Generally compatible cartridges stand up well compared to originals, however original more expensive cartridges tend to have "guarantees" against ink fading overtime, being slightly water-resistant on certain papers. I've used compatibles in my Epson for years, never had any issues. Although I don't print photos much,

Nick
    where do you get the epson compatibles?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

BenRowe wrote: »

amazon.co.uk have a huge range of epson and epson compatible inks. Cheaper if you buy in packs.

Inkjet.ie or justmedia.ie. Both are excellent and Irish. I used to use ebay but getting them shipped from the UK was very slow

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭BenRowe

yoyo wrote: »
    Inkjet.ie or justmedia.ie. Both are excellent and Irish. I used to use ebay but getting them shipped from the UK was very slow

Nick
    i looked at both. With P+P around 25 euro for a pack of four. In Tesco around same price for the tesco version of epson ink

i looked at both. With P+P around 25 euro for a pack of four. In Tesco around same price for the tesco version of epson ink

Sounds expensive, not bought ink in a while but for me it's generally 2xblack and 5 colours (6 cartidges in my printer) for around €12 iirc. Not bought ink in a while now though

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kop96

i just bought printer ink for my Epson xp202 printer and it doesnt seem to recognise it. I bought it on ebay so it is not epson make but shud this make a difference as it is the correct ink type and fits!is there a way around this so i can use the ink i bought??!

Kop96 wrote: »
    i just bought printer ink for my Epson xp202 printer and it doesnt seem to recognise it. I bought it on ebay so it is not epson make but shud this make a difference as it is the correct ink type and fits!is there a way around this so i can use the ink i bought??!

Did the eBay ad state your printer was definitely compatible, or did you go by the cartridge model code? How many inks have you tried, 1 or all 4?
    These compatibles have different "generations". Epson are constantly blocking these cartridges so manufacturers make a newer generation cartridge with an updated chip to fool the printer into believing it is genuine.
    I'd recommend buying off inkjet.ie or justmedia.ie personally. They have a good returns procedure if you get faulty cartridges. Not saying in your case they are faulty, it's more than likely your printer is too new for that generation.

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Just adding my 2 cents, can see its been a while but its relevant, been looking into ink again, have an Epson printer, going back to inkjet.ie as I had no problems, Id have ordered off them again recently, previously I just wanted to pick something up as only needed one cartidge at the time so wasnt going to pay postage or get cartridges I didnt need.

Even from some shops, they have not been as good quality (one from adverts which directed me to a shop), tesco didnt have the cartridge in their own brand that I wanted even though I got the printer there.

I might try the just media and ink maestro at some other stage. But I found some from ebay or amazon to be terrible, didnt print, or very poor and then loads of problems not recognizing the cartridges. The former of the two mentioned seems cheaper, the latter doesnt seem so much, but has a resetter for sale which I'm considering as Im wary of what I might get on ebay being reliable, as I know theres ink left as I can feel the weight of it.

Ultimately, Im thinking of looking into a CISS system and maybe an ink resevoir for waste ink

• Advertisement
Advertisement