Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting speakers!!

• 03-03-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi. I bought a set of lg speakers and box from a friend. The model is sh53ph-w. All I got were the two tall speakers and the black box with it. I didn't get any cables or controls with them. Can anyone tell me what I need to get this going and what I need to do please. I will be connecting it to a panasonic tv. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭hsan

Anyone????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭greasepalm

post a picture of the back of both would have helped,i doubt it can be connected to tv maybe an amp hence a photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Not sure exactly what you have, but my best guess is it's the front speakers and passive sub from an LG home cinema system package. There should be another box (dvd/cd/receiver box) that powers the speakers and can be connected to your tv. Those speakers are probably worthless without the receiver they came with. You MIGHT be able to run those speakers if you connect them to a regular a/v receiver, but I don't think you'll be able to run the passive sub as normal receivers are only meant to connect to self-powered subs.

Personally I'd say it's not worth try to use those speakers with another receiver. You should either get the rest of the system from your friend or make him take back the speakers. They're not meant to be used separately.

Advertisement