Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop crashing

• 03-03-2014 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, I had a problem with my laptop last week, the charger port was broken so I brought it in to a repair shop, they put in a new one and all was fine and dandy. However now it keeps crashing! It will run fine for about an hour or so, then just suddenly completely shut down, no warning, blue screen or anything like that. It literally just dies! If I go to turn it back on it will come on for about a minute then the same thing happens again. Then if I leave it for a half hour or so it's fine and will work again for about an hour. Has anyone any idea what's going on?! It's a samsung laptop, not sure of the model

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭spudato7

Hi folks, I had a problem with my laptop last week, the charger port was broken so I brought it in to a repair shop, they put in a new one and all was fine and dandy. However now it keeps crashing! It will run fine for about an hour or so, then just suddenly completely shut down, no warning, blue screen or anything like that. It literally just dies! If I go to turn it back on it will come on for about a minute then the same thing happens again. Then if I leave it for a half hour or so it's fine and will work again for about an hour. Has anyone any idea what's going on?! It's a samsung laptop, not sure of the model
    Had this ever happened before you brought it to the shop? If not I'd bring it back to them and don't take no for an answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Nope never happened before, to me it seems like it's over heating and just cutting out or something like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sounds like they forgot to plug the fan back in so it's overheating.

Can you hear the fan spin at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Now that you mention it no it's not as noisy as it used to be! That could be it, I'll call in with it on Friday!

Advertisement