Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gavin Noble moving on

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Sad to see him step out of the spot light. A fantastic athlete. Best of luck to him in his new role.

I suppose he has to think of life down the road after elite racing and having had this opportunity come before him is something he can't turn down, especially having lost his funding. Would have been good to see him at Rio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Nice bloke. I'm sure he'll do well in his new venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I'll never forget him going past me in DCT 2012. Up to then I hadn't realised my bike was in reverse...

Good luck to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Very sad to see this. I was really looking forward to the Commonwealth games and have tickets for all the tri events but part of that excitement was to see Gavin racing again. We were fortunate to be at the Olympics and met Gavin after the Katie Taylor final out back, really really nice bloke. Hopefully he still dips into domestic tri here and there but it seems his new role wont have him in Ireland often!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Pity, thought he would have given the 70.3 scene a real go, was very impressive in austria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

By the fact he says he's stepping down from ITU leads me to believe eh'll still race albeit not quite at the level as before as not likely to be training full time. I can see him still doing well in 70.3's and hope he does continue to race in some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

I wonder is the lack of funding from the ISC a factor as well, having seen and heard some of the grants given, Im amazed athletes here are able to manage to compete on a professional level

Advertisement