Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

black pudding

Options
  • 04-03-2014 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

hi im heading over to toronto to visit some friends for 2 weeks in 2 weeks time and i asked him if he wanted me to bring him over anything and they said some black pudding am i allowed to bring it over or is it prohibited.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Conchurl wrote: »
    hi im heading over to toronto to visit some friends for 2 weeks in 2 weeks time and i asked him if he wanted me to bring him over anything and they said some black pudding am i allowed to bring it over or is it prohibited.

anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Bring some over in a suitcase, the worst they can do is take it off ya

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Misty Moon

The Canadian customs page: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5082-eng.html has a link under Food products, plants, animals and related products that links to their Automated Import Reference System (AIRS) , where you can search for whether or not something is allowed. I didn't find black pudding in it but searched for sausage and there was some talk of prohibition but also that an exemption is allowed when it's for personal use. Have a search through that database and see what you can find. At any rate it seems like it's important to declare it when you arrive but that so long as it's in your personal luggage and intended for personal use it should be okay. I'd stick with the usual of making sure it's well packaged (don't bring your homemade puddings like :) ) and clear from the packaging where the origin is, what the ingredients are etc. If you're still unsure you could try finding an email address on that website and ask them directly. Good luck.

Advertisement