Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Grant Olympia 3rd March 2014

Options
  • 04-03-2014 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭

Anybody at it?
    Excellent gig. Great voice, stage presence and quirky dark humour.
    Some special bonus guests too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,007 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Just home from it. Fantastic performance, what a voice and performer. Sinead O'Connor was fairly subdued but i enjoyed Conor O'Brien performing with him.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

gaius c wrote: »
    Anybody at it?
    Excellent gig. Great voice, stage presence and quirky dark humour.
    Some special bonus guests too.

Yeah very impressed. Was wondering why there was no thread on this until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Does he have a back up band with him? How long was show?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

John Grant is the greatest mother****er that you're ever going to see performing on a stage. He'll give you goosebumps from the top of your head down to the tips of the toes on your feet. If loving his music is crime, then go ahead and arrest me. His in between song banter will also have you laughing 65% more of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

edhead wrote: »
    Does he have a back up band with him? How long was show?

Yes and it was about 2 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

He's playing in the Roisin Dubh in Galway tonight. This will be the seventh time I've seen him in three years. It's amazing the change in him since i saw him first. He has really come out of himself, he no longer looks like he is sh1tting bricks on stage!

Such an amazing voice delivered with such fragile humility. Fcuking legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

He's playing in the Roisin Dubh in Galway tonight. This will be the seventh time I've seen him in three years. It's amazing the change in him since i saw him first. He has really come out of himself, he no longer looks like he is sh1tting bricks on stage!

Such an amazing voice delivered with such fragile humility. Fcuking legend!

Just got into him when I was going through bands in the Body and Soul lineup... 2 days too late for his Dublin gig!

Does he play here often? I see he's been on other voices a few times as well..

Just got into him when I was going through bands in the Body and Soul lineup... 2 days too late for his Dublin gig!

Does he play here often? I see he's been on other voices a few times as well..
    He was in Vicar Street last year and he has played Electric Picnic last year and in 2011 as well so he tours a fair bit.

He's based in Iceland. Really looking forward to Body and Soul this year. Great line up.

I wonder if he has Sinead O'Connor and O'Brien tonight in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Going to see him in Cork tomorrow night.. Sinead O'Connor's been added but no mention of Conor O'Brien. Would love if he appeared but don't think it's on the cards :(

Set list from tonight. Amazing gig!

297260.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Galway gig:
    John-Grant-Roisin-Dubh.jpg

John-Grant-2.jpg

The rest of my photos from his Galway gig- link

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

lovely shots dinneenp
    saw him on Monday night he was fantastic

Was there support for his Olympia/Roisin Dubh gig by any chance? Just trying to figure out what sort of time he'd be starting tonight in Cork.. Meant to be 8.45/9 but seems kinda early (but then again it is a week night)..

Eod100 wrote: »
    Was there support for his Olympia/Roisin Dubh gig by any chance? Just trying to figure out what sort of time he'd be starting tonight in Cork.. Meant to be 8.45/9 but seems kinda early (but then again it is a week night)..
    There was yeah, I'd say they are travelling with them. An Icelandic trio with lead singer, clarinet and a guy on synths/sampler machine thing. They sounded a lot like Bjork to be fair. Good though. They're worth a watch.

Can't remember their name. :o

There was yeah, I'd say they are travelling with them. An Icelandic trio with lead singer, clarinet and a guy on synths/sampler machine thing. They sounded a lot like Bjork to be fair. Good though. They're worth a watch.

Can't remember their name. :o

Wasn't Asgeir by any chance? Icelandic but think they may play different instruments! :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-dHIkF_lO4

Think Duke Special's supporting tonight..

Eod100 wrote: »
    Wasn't Asgeir by any chance? Icelandic but think they may play different instruments! :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-dHIkF_lO4

Think Duke Special's supporting tonight..
    Nope, it was a female lead singer, another girl and a dude. Asgeir is coming in April to Galway. I'll be going to see him/it/them too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭PadraigOK

Samaris supported John, or at least they did in Belfast.

http://samaris.is/livedates

Remind me of Fever Ray in parts, Bjork in others.

P.S. Hello all, first post. Long time lurker.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Francis H Murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Francis H Murphy

Advertisement