Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer In Voluntary Administration

Options
  • 04-03-2014 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on a 457 & my employer has just gone into Voluntary Administration.

I've been on a 457 since April 2012. Am I correct in saying I'd have just 21 days to find a new job/sponsor if the company is wound down? I'm planning to contact immigration to clarify my rights.

FYI...I'm construction estimator.

All advice much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Nah you have 90 days

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Legend100

I thought the 90 days was only for 457's issued after 1 July 2013 with the old time period for those issued before then?

Would be happy to hear I'm wrong as that would take the pressure off a bit if job was ever to go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Legend100 wrote: »
    I thought the 90 days was only for 457's issued after 1 July 2013 with the old time period for those issued before then?

Would be happy to hear I'm wrong as that would take the pressure off a bit if job was ever to go

It's definately all 457'ers.

Few mates been in the same predicament recently. One was just shy of the 3-month mark when they found another job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

yep its definitely 90 days, the legislation doesn't define date of the 90 day ruling. It simply substituted 28 consecutive days with 90 consecutive days which is for all cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

mandrake04 wrote: »
    yep its definitely 90 days, the legislation doesn't define date of the 90 day ruling. It simply substituted 28 consecutive days with 90 consecutive days which is for all cases.

Sweet, that's a relief!
    At least that'll buy me some time should the company fold.

• Advertisement
Advertisement