Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vancouver - best fish and chips?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 6:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Whenever I go home, the first meal I always want is from the local chipper :pac: I love my fish and chips.

So for the folk in Vancouver, anyone got a recommendation for some decent fish and chips here?
    Trolls in Horseshoe Bay and Pajo's down in Steveston are both pretty tasty, but also kind of far away. Looking for some place a bit closer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RonanC

Go Fish in False Creek/Granville Island is hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

C lovers on Denman is the only place I've been for fish and chips and it's ok…. it's all you can eat for $11 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Niamh_M wrote: »
    C lovers on Denman is the only place I've been for fish and chips and it's ok…. it's all you can eat for $11 or something.

BBQ'ed a whole side of wild sockeye tonight. Doesn't get much better than that. Maybe dont spark up the bbq after a skinfull though.

There's a C Lovers in North Van as well. Never had it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭ash2008

ciaran67 wrote: »
    BBQ'ed a whole side of wild sockeye tonight. Doesn't get much better than that. Maybe dont spark up the bbq after a skinfull though.

It's probably just me, but whenever I cook sockeye it's always really dry. I've tried grilling, steaming, frying and baking and everytime it turns out the same. Never had the same problems when cooking the atlantic salmon at home, although being that it is mostly farmed I know that the sockeye should taste much better...I don't know what am i doing wrong:confused:

ash2008 wrote: »
    It's probably just me, but whenever I cook sockeye it's always really dry. I've tried grilling, steaming, frying and baking and everytime it turns out the same. Never had the same problems when cooking the atlantic salmon at home, although being that it is mostly farmed I know that the sockeye should taste much better...I don't know what am i doing wrong:confused:

If you're buying from the supermarkets they're previously frozen. Try and get fresh from a fishmonger. 7 Seas in North Van or on West 4th are very good. We pop in bag with soy, garlic and honey. Let marinade for a while and then in a fish cage and on the bbq. No more than 10 mins. 6 mins skin down turn 4 flesh down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shalamov

ciaran67 wrote: »
    If you're buying from the supermarkets they're previously frozen. Try and get fresh from a fishmonger. 7 Seas in North Van or on West 4th are very good. We pop in bag with soy, garlic and honey. Let marinade for a while and then in a fish cage and on the bbq. No more than 10 mins. 6 mins skin down turn 4 flesh down.

7 Seas is great, good tips

Shalamov wrote: »
    7 Seas is great, good tips

Oh and that's a very large, usually a side of salmon. :)

Advertisement