Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank never took mortgage this month?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Our mortgage comes out on the 1st of month like clockwork - if 1st is at weekend, it comes out on the Monday. bUt the money is still sitting in my account. Has this happened anyone else this month? It's UB:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

DesertMoon wrote: »
    Our mortgage comes out on the 1st of month like clockwork - if 1st is at weekend, it comes out on the Monday. bUt the money is still sitting in my account. Has this happened anyone else this month? It's UB:eek:
    Yup. Mine usually comes out on the 1st or 2nd and very occasionally on the 3rd but this month it's still sitting there today. Also UB. Likely a SEPA issue from their side I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I had to contact my bank about my mortgage payment, which was showing as having been paid to me, not the EBS, last month :eek:

EBS said SEPA is causing chaos all over the shop, but that my payment went through OK.

Contact your bank(s).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Yup, just checked my account and no mortgage payment yet. Wish UB would just take what's owed to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Me too.
    UB also

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

UB here. was due to come out the Fri 28th Feb was taken Mon 3rd March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭TMC99

Same here - they have not taken mortgages from their own accounts (UB acct) or from other bank accounts either (AIB acct).

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

UB mortgage here too. Rang them yesterday and they said there are once off delays due to SEPA. They are processing everything slowly to make sure all is ok.

The payment will be taken in the coming days and will revert back to being taken on the 1st from next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

just logged in to post the same question - I'm also with UB, normally taken the 1st of the month or the Monday, but still not taken. Did wonder if it was SEPA related. Oh well at least now I know it's not just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Same here, UB also. That new SEPA efficiency shining through!

Still not taken......

• Advertisement

Same here - and its starting to get a bit annoying now. Surely there must be a time limit on when they can take it - I could imagine that some people look at their account and do not realise it has not been taken, and over spend or have other DDs come in which would result in the monies not being there when UB do finally process the mortgage payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

TMC99 wrote: »
    Surely there must be a time limit on when they can take it - I could imagine that some people look at their account and do not realise it has not been taken, and over spend or have other DDs come in which would result in the monies not being there when UB do finally process the mortgage payments.

No, there's obviously some personal responsibility there to notice it hasn't been taken.

I'm sure some people would like to outsource thinking to India if they could. But look what happened to UB when they outsourced IT to India. :pac:

aphex™ wrote: »
    No, there's obviously some personal responsibility there to notice it hasn't been taken.

I'm sure some people would like to outsource thinking to India if they could. But look what happened to UB when they outsourced IT to India. :pac:

Still of the opinion that UB should issue some notification of what they are doing to make people aware - for all we know they might have outsourced their IT to India again ....
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

TMC99 wrote: »
    ... I could imagine that some people look at their account and do not realise it has not been taken, and over spend ...
    Given the typical size of mortgage payments, anybody who makes such a mistake would be seriously incompetent at managing their finances.

The overwhelming majority of people affected by this glitch will probably see it in the way that those who have posted in this thread do: an unusual event, and they wonder what is happening (or, more correctly, what is not happening).

This is truly a case of "money just resting in their account".

Still not taken for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

I'm waiting on UB to take mortgage payment from my UB account too. This morning there was a DD for a couple of hundred less than usual mortgage payment (not expecting any other DD). The info on the statement just says "EUR ULSTER BANK IR" and when I go to manage my direct debits it says "this function has been temporarily suspended".

So looks like there is good reason to take it nice and slow in processing this month's payments!

Based on the previous mistakes by UB, I'll wait and see if payments are corrected over the next day.

Mine's gone alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

coward wrote: »
    I'm waiting on UB to take mortgage payment from my UB account too. This morning there was a DD for a couple of hundred less than usual mortgage payment (not expecting any other DD). The info on the statement just says "EUR ULSTER BANK IR" and when I go to manage my direct debits it says "this function has been temporarily suspended".

So looks like there is good reason to take it nice and slow in processing this month's payments!

Based on the previous mistakes by UB, I'll wait and see if payments are corrected over the next day.

Mine is the same.

Taken this afternoon. Correct amount. Now marked as a SEPA DD as expected.

Mine was taken at some stage yesterday - marked as Ulster Bank SEPA DD - but it is over €150 lower than normal. Wonder should I contact them? Or will they run their own checks and balances? :confused:

• Advertisement

Just spoke to UB and they also applied 2013 TRS tax credit adjustments in March, so that impacted the amount of the payment this month. Nice little bonus this month :)

Advertisement