Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming Session - Tri Suit

Options
  • 04-03-2014 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

OK, Starting to see one or more people lately in the pool with there full Tri Suit on. I'm sure we all have seen that guy once before in your local Pool,

I'm just wondering is this a new fashion statement that to be classed as a Triathlete you have to make sure to swim with the Tri-Suit on or it could be the case you just want to make sure if you haven't said it a 100 times in the Stream Room you have a Tri race coming up in 5 weeks time.
    People get the hint when they see you swimming,
    Its bad enough having to watch with embarrassment at them wearing there Calf Compression socks on while on a Treadmill.

So just like to know are you one of those guys.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Have never seen people with tri suit on in the pool, other than once in a club session for someone coming up to an IM who tested it out in case it was non wetsuit...or people in tri shorts. Maybe they just like wearing their tri suit?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Have never seen people with tri suit on in the pool, other than once in a club session for someone coming up to an IM who tested it out in case it was non wetsuit...or people in tri shorts. Maybe they just like wearing their tri suit?
    I did that, once. Testing to see how it felt before a race.

What is the big deal? Why get your knickers in a twist over what someone else is wearing?

Tbh a trisuit is less distracting than budgie smugglers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Ditto, never worn or even seen a tri suit in a pool. Maybe its a new experience and they want to see how it feels in the water; bit early for OW swims yet.

Does it really bother you than much?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Saves time at the gym when I'm doing brick sessions, don't want to faff about in the changing room transition.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

OK, Starting to see one or more people lately in the pool with there full Tri Suit on. I'm sure we all have seen that guy once before in your local Pool,

I'm just wondering is this a new fashion statement that to be classed as a Triathlete you have to make sure to swim with the Tri-Suit on or it could be the case you just want to make sure if you haven't said it a 100 times in the Stream Room you have a Tri race coming up in 5 weeks time.
    Its bad enough having to watch with embarrassment at them wearing there Calf Compression socks on while on a Treadmill.

Theres a real easy way around this problem

You go back to bed and get out on the other right side of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

or they could just be fat and hiding the belly

if stuff this minor annoys you, then your life is going to be one big annoyance. Just end it all now?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

tunney wrote: »
    or they could just be fat and hiding the belly

if stuff this minor annoys you, then your life is going to be one big annoyance. Just end it all now?
    If even tunney doesnt understand your rant, abandon hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭niamh.foley

Green&Red wrote: »
    Theres a real easy way around this problem

You go back to bed and get out on the other right side of it

Not so easy when you could only get out on the "Left side of the bed"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Ah we're all entitled to a rant every now and then! Can't say this is something I've seen myself though. Fellas wearing fins, paddles, and a snorkle simultaneously I do see from time to time. I can only assume they're in the pro ranks.

cjt156 wrote: »
    bit early for OW swims yet.

Does it really bother you than much?

OW swimming a year around. water temp is 8oc

Does it bothering me that much,

No it doesn't bother me I was just curious about what other people wold have thought on this subject.

from people's responding with having my knickers in a twist, i guess people are ok with people in the pool area wearing a tri-suit while swimming, i just found it abit strange.

• Advertisement

Do bits of the tri suit come off and get stuck on your face?

No. There are better things to worry about - like barely contained hairy flanges being subjected to dodgy breast stroke and shedding pubes like a two month old Christmas tree and all of them going into your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I couldnt care less what people wear in the pool (or on the treadmill).

Frankly Im too busy with my own reasons for being there to be even noticing other people.

I couldnt care less what people wear in the pool (or on the treadmill).

Frankly Im too busy with my own reasons for being there to be even noticing other people.

Super hot bird in a string bikini - you wouldn't notice that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Super hot bird in a string bikini - you wouldn't notice that?

I am a super hot bird - so no ;)

No. There are better things to worry about - like barely contained hairy flanges being subjected to dodgy breast stroke and shedding pubes like a two month old Christmas tree and all of them going into your face.

were the hell are you swimming in a Bath located in a dog grooming shop ?

were the hell are you swimming in a Bath located in a dog grooming shop ?

Doesn't everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Podge83

I was having a bad day till I read this thread.

Now I'm smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Ceepo

What doesn't kill you. Makes you stronger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I am a super hot bird - so no ;)

Prove it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

could be someone trying out their suit before a pool based triathlon? just to check it out in advance.

• Advertisement

promethius wrote: »
    could be someone trying out their suit before a pool based triathlon? just to check it out in advance.

There's no room for sense in this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I'm not posting again until I see pics of super hot birds in string bikinis, tri-suits or birthday suits.

cjt156 wrote: »
    I'm not posting again until I see pics of super hot birds in string bikinis, tri-suits or birthday suits.

Mods? Can we get our own Phwwwwoooaaaaarrr thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Is it Friday already?

AKW wrote: »
    Is it Friday already?

No Tuesday :(

No Tuesday :(

Crankday Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

I wouldn't care what someone else was wearing as long as they could swim in a fcukin straight line and in the proper lane. Fat backstrokers snaking down the fast or medium lane powered only by the power of their flatulence should just be shot.......as should the lifeguard who allows them to do this.

griffin100 wrote: »
    just be shot.......as should the lifeguard who allows them to do this.

and i was told i got out of the wrong side of the bed :rolleyes:.

Yes common sense do be lacking in some people when it comes to Swimming ethics..

Theirs Signs up on Each Lane, it is up to the Person to come to a reasonable understand on he's/her's ability and speed. and go to the Lane that best suits them

but to shot the lifeguard as well is abit harsh its he's job to watch out for anyone that might come in danger while swimming like Kids jumping and running, not to police the Swim Lanes

and i was told i got out of the wrong side of the bed :rolleyes:.

Yes common sense do be lacking in some people when it comes to Swimming ethics..

Theirs Signs up on Each Lane, it is up to the Person to come to a reasonable understand on he's/her's ability and speed. and go to the Lane that best suits them

but to shot the lifeguard as well is abit harsh its he's job to watch out for anyone that might come in danger while swimming like Kids jumping and running, not to police the Swim Lanes

Shoot the B**t**d I say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Erm, in a lane swimming session it *is* at least partly his/her job to ensure that people use appropriate lanes...

Advertisement