Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge as a Commuter town

Options
  • 04-03-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Myself and the soon to be wife are looking at properties in Newbridge as a decent alternative to the high prices of Dublin, while still near the motorway and both our homeplaces. (She Rathmines, me Carlow)

I work in Dun Laoghaire and she works all over Dublin/ Kildare as a musician. (Classical Musician... I know I know...)

Anyway, I use a motorbike and she drives, so realistically, my commute and hers won't be too bad. I know there's tonnes of bike crashes in the Kildare area, so I'd be a little bit worried about that, but that's about the only reason I can see that this isn't a perfect commuter location! (I can drive the car if needs be, I just hate traffic!)

Just wondering what anyone who lives out there and works in Dublin's experiences are? Also, good areas to look would be great. We're looking for a 3 - 4 bed house!

Advertisement