Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Business end of things..

Options
  • 04-03-2014 11:16am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So sports fans.. as we prepare to move into the final 3rd of the season lets see where we stand in regard to the play offs!!

In AFC North.. things are tight but the Ravens do have a 2 game lead over the Bengals, the Bengals i think have an easier run in but their last 2 games could be critical, The Ravens have the tougher run it but mike has shown he can get the wins when needed.

In AFC South.. the Texans lead the way (again!) the Colts and Titans are neck and neck with the Titans holding the tie breaker.
    The Titans have 2 CPU games while the Colts have 1 with the Colts playing the Texans and the Titans playing the Saints a loss for both team is realistic. A key game is the week 17 match up between them.

In AFC East.. the Jets are in the lead and unlikely to lose it, the Patriots are close on their heels. I think that one of the wildcards will come from AFC East or South, at the moment its advantage AFC East!

In AFC West the Broncos and Chiefs are 1 game apart and both will see the playoffs unless one of the teams collapse. One of these teams will take the 2nd seed with the Jets taking the 1st imo.

In the NFC North.. the Bears & Lions are equal and it's turning into quite a battle up there and credit to new coach Gary Ibbotsson who looks on course to qualify for the play offs at his first attempt.

In the NFC South, Paully D is leading the way on 9-1 and will be confident of going 10-1 after the next game week. The Buccs are 7-3 but could go 7-4 as their next game will be simmed, that could be costly given how the rest of the conference might play out.

In NFC East the Eagles look very much in control at 7-2 and should comfortably win the division. As a testament to how tough the CPU team is the Cowboys are 4-5 and in 2nd place beating 2 CPU teams.

In NFC West the 9'ers are powering into a lead over the Hawks but its very tight and could easily swing back on the Hawks favour..

Predictions:
    AFC

Jets
    Chiefs
    Texans
    Ravens
    Broncos
    Patriots

NFC

Saints
    9'ers
    Eagles
    Bears
    Hawks
    Buccs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Great post. Just to pick out one minor thing. You said the Lions would get into the playoffs then you said the Hawks or Buccs will beat them. Which is it? :):)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    Great post. Just to pick out one minor thing. You said the Lions would get into the playoffs then you said the Hawks or Buccs will beat them. Which is it? :):)

Hedging my bets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I. Thinking paullys saints are running out of steam, hoping that he will drop a game or 2. Meaning our end of year showdown could count for a lot. A win against the hawks should leave me with 5th seed hopefully. That's if the sim goes well, which on paper it should. Given that the vikes have a squad of 49. They should be gassed by now. Adrian Peterson coming back from injury and as there only HB meant Felton the FB was taking the HB snaps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'd say 11-5 will be the wildcard threshold for the AFC this season, high standards!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I think i finished 11-5 last season and it didnt get me through.

• Advertisement

Looks like the Broncos will take a wildcard spot..

A sad day when a CPU team gets to the play offs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Looks like the Broncos will take a wildcard spot..

A sad day when a CPU team gets to the play offs!!

Well they were human for most of it.

So.. where do we stand now?

AFC North
    Ravens have a 1 game lead over the Bengals, with the Bengals still to play their human opponent.

Paddy has game a good 2nd half of the season and the Titans GM [Ureally[/U] needs him to beat the broncos this gameweek!

AFC South
    Texans have the number 2 seed sown up most likely. The Titans need to win their last game against the Colts and hope the Broncos dont pick up another win

AFC East
    Jets will have the number 1 seed, the Patriots with 2 CPU games left will take the 5th seed

AFC West
    Chiefs will have the 3rd seed.. and they will play either the Titans or the Broncos

Prediction:
    Jets
    Texans
    Chiefs
    Ravens
    Patriots
    Titans

will stick NFC up later if i get the chance

And what happens if i beat you Heli and Broncos dont win

And what happens if i beat you Heli and Broncos dont win

Broncos go to the play offs, as they have 10 wins you'll only 8 or 9 wins if you beat me.. may aswell let me play the CPU rock..

• Advertisement

Broncos go to the play offs, as they have 10 wins you'll only 8 or 9 wins if you beat me.. may aswell let me play the CPU rock..

No chance, Colts are going to end the season with a win, im really regretting the 4 games i lost by 3 or 2 points games, especially the 2 point games as they were lost due to circumstances beyond my control. I'd have made the play offs had i won them.

No chance, Colts are going to end the season with a win, im really regretting the 4 games i lost by 3 or 2 points games, especially the 2 point games as they were lost due to circumstances beyond my control. I'd have made the play offs had i won them.

Bring it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

What record will make the playoffs? 10-6? 11-5? 9-7?

Carroller wrote: »
    What record will make the playoffs? 10-6? 11-5? 9-7?

AFC 10-6 at a minimum
    11-5 will make the play offs as a wildcard...

In the poor AFC North.. 8-8 will make it :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

AFC 10-6 at a minimum
    11-5 will make the play offs as a wildcard...

Not necessarily, I would think 9-7 would be needed.

So the Broncos have 7 conference wins, so if i end up on the same record as them ill go through.... Rock dont ruin my play off hopes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

So if paully and Adrian beat 9ers and I beat CPU twice, I could still win my divison?! Mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    So if paully and Adrian beat 9ers and I beat CPU twice, I could still win my divison?! Mad!

Think we would tie actually then it comes down to divisonal games right?

Think we would tie actually then it comes down to divisonal games right?

Nope

Divisional games
    Conference games
    Common Opponents
    then its gets shady
    as its strength of schedule
    Points scored (i think)
    then a coin toss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

adrian522 wrote: »
    Not necessarily, I would think 9-7 would be needed.

8-8 can win the AFC North

If Ravens lose week 17 they finish 8-8 and if the Bengals lose weeks 16 & 17 they finish 7-9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I would have been safe and sound if you hadn't have went into hiding last night so I wouldn't have to play you ;)

So the Broncos have 7 conference wins, so if i end up on the same record as them ill go through.... Rock dont ruin my play off hopes :pac:

Well i'm afraid Heli after some of the games i've had this season, it would be nice to finally ruin somebody else's chances of the playoffs, so we're coming to do damage :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

It's because it's the toughest division and it's murder to get out of :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

mikemac1 wrote: »
    8-8 can win the AFC North

If Ravens lose week 17 they finish 8-8 and if the Bengals lose weeks 16 & 17 they finish 7-9

Yeah but that won't happen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Hmm presuming that the Patriots win their last 2 cpu games I think that means I play the CPU Broncos in week 17,then the Bronco's again in the wildcard followed by the Texans should they hold their no2 seed.
    Jets would faceoff versus the winner of the afc north/Patriots.

I'm gonna wreck Adrian Foster!

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I'm gonna wreck Adrian Foster!

Sorry Perrin Laron Landry already took care of him, a concussion and a Fumble
    I seriously doubt you'll see him again this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Sorry Perrin Laron Landry already took care of him, a concussion and a Fumble
    I seriously doubt you'll see him again this season.
    I'd said Foster saw the Chiefs coming in the horizen and decided to take a dive :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

lads lads, calm down!

Foster is currently trying to put on a country accent in a attempt for perrin to see him as one of his own...

Advertisement