Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Avene products

• 04-03-2014 11:42am

Has anyone used this skincare brand? They seem to have a good reputation but I haven't been overly impressed with the products I've tried. I've tried the spot treatment, one of their gentle cleansers and their 'antirougeurs' moisturiser for redness and only the 'antirougeurs' seems to have had any effect at all. What do you think of them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I only use the thermal water which really helps my redness and acne.

After cleansing, washing etc. my skin is red and this helps to tone down the redness a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

I really like Avene :)

They have excellent retinaldehyde products:

I've used the Ystheal range and was very pleased with it. It has vit E too.

Eluage range contains retinaldehyde and some form of hydraluronic acid.

Triacneal (used to be Diacneal) has retinaldehyde and 6% glycolic acid.

All are very good products, with reasonable prices compared to other, much more expensive anti-aging skin care products and brands.

When I had combination skin years ago, I really liked the soapless gel cleanser from the Cleanance range. It is still very popular with people suffering from oily skin.

When my skin was going through a particularly nasty sensitive phase, all I could use was the Skin Recovery Cream and Thermal Water Spray (along with Cetaphil cleanser and LRP Cicaplast). The brand's overall mission is to cater for sensitive skins. I find their sensitive skin products especially amazing.

• Thanks for the info. I've bought the Thermal Water (I've come a long way as I used to scoff at the idea of buying water for drinking, let alone spraying on your face) and it does calm my face down quite a lot. I'll try that soapless cleanser and see how I get on with it!

Advertisement