Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie Questions

Options
  • 04-03-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, after buying a pair of Celestron binos 15 ×75 and have used them a few times now.Living in Dublin suburbs and because of my particular location I've focused mostly on the E-SE sky.Have been viewing Orion and nebula, Sirius,Procyon,Plaeides (my favourite I think) and Jupiter and its moons.
    I appreciate these are probably the big hitters in this part of the sky so my question is what other things should I be looking for here.And in a wider context, when I get myself to darker skies and a full field of vision what should I be looking at then?I'm asking as a beginner in terms of what are the most popular stars/objects people tend to start with?You know, things that'll maybe impress the kids and pique their interest.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement