Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this speed acceptable?

Options
  • 04-03-2014 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭

I recently got Eircom Broadband installed to test out the service - the girl on the end of the phone said I would be able to cancel over the course of the first week if I had problems.

Well, I have problems, as this is my current speed.

3347057934.png

After a few hours of testing out things. it is a fine speed to load webpages, but not much else. Youtube is a buffering mess. I tired downloading a movie trailer, and it runs at about 100 KiB/s, which is once again not great. Skype seems to work - but once again not great. I expected better.

I tired Wireless Broadband in the past - which is supposedly worse than "real" Broadband, and it seems a faster service. Example...

3278527964.png

It got worse than that at times, and a few times dropped below 1.00Mb/s, but it seemed decent overall.

The girl on the phone told me this is the best service I could have in my area - but it does not seem good enough to go into a contract with Eircom for. If that is really the best Eircom can offer, I think I would rather stick with Wireless. It ids a shame, as I was was expecting a more reliable experience. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Just cancelled. No one here was much help anyway.

Advertisement