Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lost social welfare payment

Options
  • 04-03-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just wondering if i lost my social welfare payment are they anything the social welfare can do for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

It depends on the social welfare payment you lost and the reason why you lost it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jb592810

It depends on the social welfare payment you lost and the reason why you lost it.

I lost it out of my pocket and its jobseekers allowance

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd say ask on the state benefits forum for the best advice OP but honestly I'm sorry to say I doubt you have much of a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

jb592810 wrote: »
    I lost it out of my pocket and its jobseekers allowance

Thats bad.

You can go and see the community welfare officer and explain what happened, its possible you may get the basic supplementary welfare allowance - amount is linked to age and whether you have children.

Its discretionary so there's no guarantee and you may have to pay it back from your JA over a period of time.

Advertisement