Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photography trip around Mayo

Options
  • 01-03-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭

Just came across this thread.

I'm looking to head west for a long weekend on a photography trip and was thinking about basing around Louisburg so I could get to Croagh Patrick, Doolough, across to Lenane and take in a bit of the coast. Will have most of Friday and will have to leave on Monday.

Any suggestions, hints or tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Usually it's best to only dig up old threads if existing info is to be updated.
    Was it weekend gone you headed west? The road from Leenaun to Louisburgh has plenty of good scenery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

biko wrote: »
    Usually it's best to only dig up old threads if existing info is to be updated.
    Was it weekend gone you headed west? The road from Leenaun to Louisburgh has plenty of good scenery.

Thanks Biko, Just planning a weekend away now. Hopefully about 8-12 of us will be going and rent 1 large house or two small houses.

We will only spend a few hours in the house really as sunrise and sundown are good times of the day for photography so really just a base for a few hours sleep.

Trying with the aid of Google maps to make a few loops If we were staying around Westport we could go Murrisk, Louisburg, Roonah quay Leenaun and up around Doolough,that could take up nearly 2 days alone. Or out to Achill/Mullaraney. Any tips would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I searched Photography forum for "westport" and it brought up a few results
    http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?subforums=1&forum=27&query=westport
    Maybe something there will be of use to you.

Advertisement