If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

60 inch TV/Display for conference/meeting room

Options
  • 04-03-2014 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

I'm looking for something similar to this thread http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057157368

I don't need 3d, smart TV features, surround sound, or anything like that. 

I simply need a 60" display for a meeting room so that we can plug laptops with either HDMI or VGA cables for presentations, spreadsheets, documents, etc.

Can you recommend something better suited to our needs than the 60" sharp in that thread ?

Thanks very much !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there, thanks for the post.

Unfortunately most 60" TV's are going to have these features as standard unless you go for a professional display panel which is likely to cost a fortune.

VGA is specifically a problem as lots of manufacturers have dropped this as a connection although the Sharp does have it.

The sharp is the most cost effective 60" TV that we have and we have stock due in on Friday.

I genuinely can't think of anything that would suit better.

I hope that helps.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

OP, maybe a projector and screen would suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭dealgan

Would a projector & screen not be more expensive ?

The sharp is the most cost effective 60" TV that we have and we have stock due in on Friday.

I genuinely can't think of anything that would suit better.
    Thanks Dave.
    Can you advise delivery cost to Co. Donegal, and can you also offer a wall mount to suit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

I dunno, a projector from a stationers catalogue is about €300.00. You may already have a light coloured wall......... About €150.00 for a screen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Certainly you could go for a projector.

We do an Optoma H180X at £379.95 with a screen for £119.95 which would be a 92".

Delivery would be £19.95 on these two.

Just waiting on a price back from the courier on the 60". Wall bracket would be £49.95.

The issue with projector is - Bulbs do require replacing and it's approx £149 for a bulb for that projector. With the room darkened you would still not obtain the same level of contrast from the projector. It will probably need to be ceiling mounted and cables will need to be moved to where the projector is and you may need some sort of sound system depending on what you are using it for as the built in speakers are pretty awful.

There are lots of pros and cons but we can certainly sort the projector side of it as well if you wanted to do go down that route and it may sound like I'm trying to talk you out of it. I'm really just pointing out things you need to think about.

All of the above prices include VAT at 20%

Let me know what you think.

Many thanks

Dave

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

mitosis wrote: »
    I dunno, a projector from a stationers catalogue is about €300.00. You may already have a light coloured wall......... About €150.00 for a screen
    Mitosos,

many thanks for the input - we do offer projectors as well - however I doubt that a €300 projector projected on a wall will offer great quality or brightness ( unless the OP has all his meetings at night !)

The Sharp LC60 is really an excellent screen for under £900 and offer a full range of inputs - and of course it will work well in all ambient lighting conditions.

We would normally recommend a PXTB3260 bracket to mount the TV - this will give you a reasonably flat mount but also allow a slight tilt which can be important in boardroom situations we can offer this at £49.95 - on the delivery front we can deliver the Sharp beast to Donegal at £49.95 so the total would be £999.85 / €1249.99 however if you are VAT registered and can provide back-up for your VAT registration and we are delivering to the company address we can supply this VAT free in some circumstances.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist - these Sharps tend to be scarce but we have a few coming in this week!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

mitosis wrote: »
    Mitosos,

many thanks for the input - we do offer projectors as well - however I doubt that a €300 projector projected on a wall will offer great quality or brightness ( unless the OP has all his meetings at night !)

The Sharp LC60 is really an excellent screen for under £900 and offer a full range of inputs - and of course it will work well in all ambient lighting conditions.

We would normally recommend a PXTB3260 bracket to mount the TV - this will give you a reasonably flat mount but also allow a slight tilt which can be important in boardroom situations we can offer this at £49.95 - on the delivery front we can deliver the Sharp beast to Donegal at £49.95 so the total would be £999.85 / €1249.99 however if you are VAT registered and can provide back-up for your VAT registration and we are delivering to the company address we can supply this VAT free in some circumstances.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist - these Sharps tend to be scarce but we have a few coming in this week!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    OK, how do I get in touch with you about VAT & company details and all that ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks - Easy - just send us a PM or better still drop us a line to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we'll get a human ( well one of our guys, they are at least 1/2 human) to give you a call to sort out the details.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.